the Rift

Spacebound (finished)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

It would seem the threshold was full of woman these days. I had only run across one or two stallions this season. One lost mare after another, always eager to start anew and curious of the surrounding lands. As luck would have it, I stumbled upon them before anyone else had taken an interest. Shame on those that missed out, and good for my family; new mares meant, babies, and with babies came everything a herd needed for survival. Numbers. Without numbers and skilled warriors you had nothing, a mighty clan was built upon the backs of those that fostered it. Our spines acted as pillars, without the pillars you have no clan, no home, and no hope for survival.

Today I was maneuvering around the undergrowth. Fina rested upon my shoulder quietly, her eyes slowly falling to half-mast. Every so often my steps would sink into a hole, or misplaced hoof would hit a rock and she would get jarred awake by the movement. Beak scowled open with a hiss upon her lips, she would glare for a moment before returning to dozing position.

Eventually our (my) search for new blood bore fruit, a young girl came into sight. This one didn’t attempt to conceal herself in the shadows, it was almost like she wanted to be sought. Her sleek grey body was bathed in sunlight, soft feathers glistening with the promise of flight. My own ivory’s rose a little from sides to meet the suns warming embrace readily. Approaching from the rear I nicked softly so that she might be more aware had I been silent enough to get this far without notice, “Good day m’lady, you seem to suit the sun well.”

GOVERN</style>
He who is a good ruler must first have been ruled.</style>

image by aigle_dore @ flickr.com
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Spacebound (finished) - by Africa - 03-18-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: Spacebound (Open) - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Spacebound - by Africa - 03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
RE: Spacebound (Open) - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Spacebound - by Africa - 03-24-2013, 01:19 AM
RE: Spacebound (Open) - by Midas - 03-26-2013, 11:20 AM
RE: Spacebound (Open) - by Africa - 03-26-2013, 09:48 PM