the Rift

Searching for No One [Open]

Black Robin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I stumble. Then I hear steps and stop, a stick flying from my forelock like those birds I always watch. I could fly up to them, but I don't. Then I see him, or at least the white patches. The rest takes a while to adjust to my gazing orbs. He comes out of the trees to my clearing, and slowly moves closer. “Good afternoon friend, I hope your day is faring well?”

I jump, and actually take flight up to about a yard above the ground, then lower myself again. I get so frightened at times, you would believe I was blind. Except when someone moves, my eyes follows them until they are out of sight. I have been told it's creepy, but it is only instinct. One of my own, more of a learned behavior than not. When you love a sister like Kindling, it changes you permanently when she leaves.

"I am fine, thanks."

My words come out more negative than I hoped, but the wise-looking stallion before me seems to be tough enough to deal with a small thing like that.

"You?"

I ask the question quietly, but so at least he can hear. Been a while since I talked, and my throat is scratchy and almost numb-feeling. I cough, feeling my pipes clear up a bit. I smile sweetly, trying to wait while the silence draws out like the wind blowing Kindling's lengthy tail.

Messages In This Thread
Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-25-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-26-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM