the Rift

Searching for No One [Open]

Black Robin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I stand a second longer, enough to blink, and the paint speaks again, “Yes, we accept all with a willing heart; I’m the ‘General,’ I oversee our warriors in matters of training, and help lead during times of battle—I also recruit potential members.” I immediately brighten, but when I recall the 'General' part, I restrain myself from backing a step or two. He seemed to have some authority, but I didn't imagine a General. I at least know the meaning of the word, not it's rank in this community, and he mentions the training of warriors. He must be tough. I again must hold myself back from fleeing. My eyes light up when the 'recruiting of potential members' sinks in. I almost take a stride forward. I believe he will continue, and the next few moments go as predicted: “You’ll adjust after spending a little time here.” Ah, so he feels my pain. I will respect him for that, considering that no the few people I actually have met since I came have been terrible brats, and this conversation seems at ease compared to the recent others. But I can tell he is tense, and act a bit more normal, since he now seemingly thinks with passion that I am mentally ill. After is previous declaration, I have a few moments to smile and mutter, "Thank you."

“Would you like to visit the Throat and see if it would be a suitable home for a lady such as yourself?” Comes next a delightful question, which I savor with the warmth of my heart and sad gray soul, the warmth of home. I draw in breath as quietly as I can with excitement, but I can just hear the rushing noise made float into the space between us. "Oh, yes. I would love to. Thank you most sincerely." I do believe that exited my lips in a normal fashion, and hope that now Midas will understand that I will not become hysteric-minded no matter what happens, just a little lonely. This conversation has helped greatly. And with a smile, I try to prepare myself for the new life that is creeping up around the intersection of fate and life like a panther seeking sweet prey. I will not allow the thought of a home tempt me to go off and try to find the Dragon's Throat myself, as I don't really know where it is exactly. But as a reminder to no one but myself that things will change in a few minutes, as it seems, I lift my wings slightly, but subtly, as to not seem dumb if we are to walk and I did not know. Everyone just seems to be keeping the real way of life and all it's details a secret. From me.

Messages In This Thread
Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-18-2013, 04:28 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-20-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-23-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Midas - 03-25-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-26-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Searching for No One [Open] - by Black Robin - 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM