Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

AYLIN</style>
World's Edge Philosopher
the moon looks upon many night flowers;
the night flowers see but one moon
</style>

I don't realize another has happened upon me and this battered mare until she speaks and finally draws my attention to her. Now, I've never been one to judge someone else immediately, but there is something about the unknown mare that strikes me as strange and I don't trust her. The feeling that I shouldn't turn my back on her is strong, but it is for reasons unknown and for the time being I shove those feelings to the back of my mind to analyze later, but still I greet her with a nod of my head. Right now, however, this beaten mare is the one who needs attention. She needs Mirage and the Moon Doctor and it makes me wish that mother was still here. If she were I would still have Tallis with me and I could send him off to fetch them.

A noise overhead draws my attention skyward and relief washes over me when I see the golden hide of Mirage's Akaith. "Hello, Akaith." I greeted the Queen, then begin to look around. Mirage couldn't be too far behind if Akaith was here, could she? I hoped not for this unknown mare's sake that she was close because in the darkness of the forest there was no telling where danger lurked or if whoever attacked her was still on the prowl. Moments later came the rustle of grass, followed by Mirage's arrival. I sighed in relief and touched my muzzle to hers when she offered it then looked at the appaloosa that Mirage immediately began to take care of. It didn't take a genius to figure out that they had met before.

When Mirage began to herd her toward the creek I lingered where I was, unknowing if I should follow. Mirage was capable of caring for the appaloosa and watching over herself, she was far stronger than I was and I could readily admit that. She even had Akaith to watch over her as well, while she cared for her herd member. Eventually I decide to stay where I am just in case the appaloosa mare's attackers come this way. I could at the very least send out some kind of warning for Mirage, couldn't I?

It's just an excuse, in all reality. I still don't feel worthy enough to be in Mirage's presence after disappearing without even a goodbye.

"."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
A Beaten Homecoming - by Kiara - 03-18-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Aylin - 03-24-2013, 09:56 AM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Mikali - 03-31-2013, 04:29 AM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Kiara - 04-02-2013, 03:33 AM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Mirage - 04-05-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Aylin - 04-08-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Mikali - 04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Kiara - 04-13-2013, 12:56 AM
RE: A Beaten Homecoming - by Mirage - 04-15-2013, 04:11 AM