the Rift

Slave To The Grind [Archi/Open]

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable
Ailith
Take my love and bring me under..
Her anger was stoked blue with the words of her “general” and though her eyes grew wide with surprise, she was careful to keep her expression in check. If he thought he would be able to throw her, he would be sadly mistaken. Ailith smiled smoothly at the Dauntless, her lips parting with slow finesse as the words began to form like silk at the back of her throat. “I am honored to serve you General. Your wish is my command.” Her tongue fell over the last few words and a sickly sweet smile replaced whatever doubt that appeared to linger in the golden mare’s thoughts as well as her depthless eyes. She would not be fooled into believing that the Grey was represented by creatures such as these, no; Ophelia had been kind and understanding and while she had never laid sight on Ktulu, Ailith could only imagine that she was a mirror-image to her sister’s endearing personality.

However, all thoughts of resolution were cast aside in favor of grating her ears with the sound of the General’s rather clever reminder of “family.” The word nearly made her scoff- she certainly didn’t feel like the Grey was her family… not yet anyhow. She was more than forgiving when it came to trying to understand the motives behind the new residents of the Foothills, but if they were trading wool for gold, Ailith couldn’t seem to agree with their bargains. “I’ve said nothing in the way of insults if you’ll kindly recall.” Like thick honey, her words were intoxicating and breathless. Angling herself away from the General, Ailith turned to face the dark mare with an impervious gaze and smiled. But of course, introductions were far from redeemable and before she could break past the wall erected between them, the shadow bitch was taunting her with underhanded threats.

Just when she thought things couldn’t get any worse, Ailith burst out into incredulous laughter. The small flame had finally been sparked and before she could wise up and hold her tongue, the retort that she’d been holding in for some time finally made its way to the surface of the inferno. “As far as I’m concerned, your scent is the only thing that is not acclimated here. Do you forget that I have called this my home long before your ignorance led you to my doorstep? I find that you are more strange to me than I to you executioner because these lands-“ Ailith paused to gesture to the surrounding dunes, noting the rise and fall of life that had long since been and gone. “-were mine”.

The golden mare’s disgruntled gaze fell away from the dark mare once more and though she knew better than to ignore the problem that she had brought about, she could no longer refrain from the anger that coursed deep within her veins at these… mongrels that were so eager to force their power above her head. How long would she have to endure their taunts and blatant disregard before she too, was part of their whole? She wasn’t sure if she ever wanted to be…

They were so different, so cruel. Admittedly, at times Ailith too could be cold, but as the General had stated this was supposed to be family and if they couldn’t damn well treat her as such, then perhaps she would be better off elsewhere. Her heart slowed as heat rose to her cheeks, half out of anger and half out of embarrassment. She wasn’t sure how she was supposed to feel about this nor did she know how to cope. So instead, she turned to face the dunes once more, eager to ask them for escape in spite of the fact that her voice could be heard rising above the gentle breeze. It was stony and cold and nothing like she felt, so haphazard and lost. “I do not need to learn these lands twice General, I’m quite aware of who belongs and who doesn’t.

With that, she flicked her frosted tail and fell away into herself to hide from the truth of her decisions.
image credits
table by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Slave To The Grind [Archi/Open] - by Ailith - 03-18-2013, 11:29 PM
RE: Slave To The Grind [Archi/Open] - by Circe - 03-22-2013, 06:16 PM
RE: Slave To The Grind [Archi/Open] - by Ailith - 03-23-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: Slave To The Grind [Archi/Open] - by Circe - 04-26-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: Slave To The Grind [Archi/Open] - by Ailith - 04-28-2013, 10:12 PM