the Rift

Heading for Heartache [Ophelia]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

At the sound of a voice, Mesec jolted to attention, startled. He had doubted that anyone else would be out here in the tundra wasteland, where it was almost always bitterly cold, and there was a great lack of food. It was Tallsun, after all, so why would one venture all the way out here? Unless they were from the Basin.

At that thought and the sight of a crimson stained horn upon the brow of his guest, Mesec resisted the urge to gasp, but found himself taking a step back instead. Deep within his belly, he felt something twisting, intensifying his already ill feelings. If it were possible, he was certain that he would have gotten sick already.

Finally finding it in himself to look the unicorn over, he took note of the different colors of her eyes, which reminded him instantly of her father. However, instead of lips pursed into a thin line, looking the epitomy of bored or annoyed, the mare looked genuinely concerned for Mesec. It was an expression that was foreign to the young colt, as were her words of kindness. It was a delightful change, but honestly, the demi-god didn't know how to handle such simplistic questions, not in his current state.

"Nobody likes me back home," he answered with a sniff, dropping his silvery gaze back to the snow. Not a second later was he looking down upon the most curious of creatures, though; a dragon, matching the colors of his illuminated sides, wrapping itself around one of his front legs. Unable to help himself, a smile pulled gingerly at the corners of his lips, and dropping his head, he blew a breath of greeting to the young dragon before returning his gaze to the pale unicorn.

She wasn't like those back home, that much he could already tell. She spoke with kindness, real kindness, and her questions were genuine. She claimed herself as Ophelia, or Phi, and he assured to tuck the name away in the depths of his mind. Taking a deep, waivering breath to calm himself, he spoke up again. "M-My name is Mesec," he stammered, "I'm here because I don't want to be in the Basin anymore. Nobody likes me because I'm different."

Where had Ophelia even come from? She was not a familiar face to the colt, so there was hardly any way that she could hail from the Basin. There were more herds scattered throughout Helovia, he knew, but that was the extent of his knowledge. In his short life, he'd done very little traveling outside of his snowy home. Exhaling now, the colt returned his gaze to Ophelia, the brunt of what he was feeling all coming out in the last of his words. "But... I don't know where to go."

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Mesec - 03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 03-25-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Mesec - 03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 03-27-2013, 01:28 AM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Mesec - 03-27-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 04-09-2013, 01:03 PM