the Rift

Heading for Heartache [Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia smiled when the child accepted her invitation to the herd, though she doubted the environment was fitting to nurture all of the necessary and good qualities of life. Hototo seemed to be managing fine, but he had always been different, at peace in his heart. For one like Mesec who had struggled with bullying, would he take to the violence too much? Would he find his strength to turn vengeful? Still, at least the Foothills was safe, and he would not be persecuted for his differences.

"Certainly," she said, starting to move south, cloven hooves crunching lightly in the pale snow. Her crimson and alabaster tail swayed in her wake with the rhythm of her graceful steps. "To the south is the land I chose to live in when I was young. We call it the Dragon's Throat because it is hot and little blocks the sun. A large oasis sits in the center of sand with grass and lovely trees. A pegasus named Kri rules there with fairness, security and structure. I admire her very much."

Ophelia visualized her own home. Able to recall every knot in the tree bark and every boulder to the holes where small creatures would hide during the day. "To the west, as you travel along the beaches of the Endless Blue is the World's Edge. The inhabitants are hidden among trees and mists provided by the Goddess of the Moon. Mirage rules her band, the Qian, from within their borders; she is just and fair, but less battle hardened than Kri, in my opinion at least. Both lands are peaceful and welcoming."

"The Foothills is ruled by myself and my sister. My sister leads a band of warriors and mercenaries, and I lead spies and healers. Our job is to gather as much information as possible and when others need aide, our services can be purchased. We protect the balance between the light and the dark, resting in the center of the metaphorical scale. We call ourselves the Grey." Ophelia did not speak down to him like a child, but rather encouraged him to listen as an adult. He was a strong soul, and the world would demand that he age much faster than his body would allow. She had experienced much the same thing.

"You are allowed every freedom of opinion, Mesec. Should you, one day, desire a life different than the one I have provided, then you will go along your own path. The future can never be known, despite our best attempts to control it, bend it to our will." She smiled kindly. "But for now, rest, meet the herd, and enjoy the grasses. Enjoy life as no one else but yourself."

[OOC: just wrapping up! :D We can say they arrived at the Foothills already]

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Mesec - 03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 03-25-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Mesec - 03-26-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 03-27-2013, 01:28 AM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Mesec - 03-27-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Heading for Heartache [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 04-09-2013, 01:03 PM