the Rift

No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The trek back from the Threshold had been boring to say the least. I had seen the same walk, the same conversation, and the same questions one too many times but I was hoping for a miracle when it came to Crven. I was hoping more than anything that she was as different as the bareness of her neck. The summer sun was warm upon my face and it was quiet enough for me to hear my own heartbeat before I decided to break the silence. We had walked on in relative quiet for the mere simplicity of it and I had no problem doing so but I knew that this mare was owed due explanation of the place she was about to call home. Maybe then, the conversation would flow a little more naturally, even if I didn’t care much for the mundane. “I do hope you’ll find comfort in the Edge; it is a land of beauty after all and full of opportunity for newcomers like yourself.” For a moment I let my words hang in the air as if allowing her time to picture such a place. I wasn’t sure what kinds of things she would desire to know so I allowed a bit more time before diving into the specifics.

The soft pounding of our hooves began to sync into a perfect rhythm and if I hadn’t been so self-aware of the mare by my side, I probably would have started counting the beat out of mere obligation. I was glad for the soft fluttering of birdsong as we weaved in and out of the shadows cast upon the forest floor from the thick canopy above. It was a beautiful place, The Threshold, but it was nothing in comparison to the Edge and its fine mists. They cooled my skin in the summer and cast a pale luminescent glow in the winter; had I ever believed them to be a nuisance? I couldn’t recall such a time, so perhaps they were just as relaxing to everyone else as they were to me then.

If there is anything you’d like to discuss before arriving, I would be more than happy to indulge you Miss Crven.” Once again the words hung before her, all seriousness and curiosity in spite of the new smile that parted my lips. My warm gaze was upon her now and while I was curious enough to ask about her lack of mane, I knew better than to offend a mare upon meeting them- I would definitely be testing my sanity if I did. They had a way of making one feel guilty in spite of their innocence so I could only imagine dealing with the reaction I would get after such a simple question (of course, it was simple enough to me anyhow). Biting my tongue, I moved along, eager for her to see the Edge… this place was just too damn wonderful for anyone to turn down.

I was glad that she had come.

Messages In This Thread
No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Crven - 03-19-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 03-22-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Crven - 03-24-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 03-27-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Crven - 03-28-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 04-01-2013, 12:41 AM