the Rift

No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
They won’t see me run, who can blame them?
They never look to see me fly, so I never have to lie</style>

I had certainly caused a crack in Crven’s smooth veneer, but I had no intentions of letting her plow over me after one harmless comment that was in no way meant to offend her. I looked down into her incredulous eyes and snorted quietly. Whatever she sought here was not something that could be given to her because sympathy was no given to those who dwelled on self-pity. I wanted her to feel welcome and find comfort among the mists, but I did not want to feel as if I were walking on eggshells every time I wanted to approach easy conversation. She was certainly damaged from whatever monster lurked in past, but this was not her childhood and these were not her demons. This was her new beginning and if she couldn’t accept it as such then I had no place trying to cure her evils. I had come to her in hopes of calling her friend and family and now she stood before me, resorting to childish melodrama in order to define her own insecurities.

I was her Leader now and while she had proved her strength back in the Threshold, I needed her to overcome her fear now before I could call her part of the Edge indefinitely.

You can walk away Crven, but do you wish to turn your back on a place that would gladly call you family? I did not invite you into my home because of your differences, but in spite of them. Would you have me believe that because you wear no threads upon your neck that you are any less of a horse or that you are weak from such insecurities? If you find that you’ve made a mistake here, then I will not force you to stay, but I do ask you to reconsider. I ask that you forget your uncertainties in order to see this through. This is your last chance to make a decision- stay or go. Whatever you decide will not change what you are in my eyes because this proud mare before me might have differences, but I was hoping that she wouldn’t be one that let them define her.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Crven - 03-19-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 03-22-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Crven - 03-24-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 03-27-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Crven - 03-28-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: No Such Thing As Time [Crven/Open] - by Thor - 04-01-2013, 12:41 AM