Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor</style>
World's Edge WeyrLeader
In the morning light let my roots take flight
Watch me from above like a vicious dove</style>

Was it so shocking that I might ask for company to view the light show? I tried to contain the smile that followed Aylin’s surprise. She looked as though she’d seen a ghost or at least been told some pretty shocking news. However, her acceptance didn’t come as a shock to me. I had no intentions of making her so thoroughly uncomfortable that she should turn me down, I just wanted to get to know her a bit. Was that such a sin? “I intent to have you home and well directly after so don’t worry, I’d just like to know those who follow me… and give them a reason to want to do so.

I glanced back to the flower in her pale threads and wondered what such a flower would look like weaved into Tamira’s flaxen mane. I could only imagine how beautiful she would look and how perfectly she would wear it… However, the thought brought an ache to my chest and I dismissed it immediately. I did not want to falter before the young filly and allow her to benefit of finding my weakness. I did not want her to think that I was not strong enough to lead the Edge (alongside Mirage of course). Thinking of the Dragonheart, I wondered if she was doing well with the twins, though I had no doubt in her capabilities. I could only imagine what it would be like to raise two young fillies like Essetia. She was certainly a handful herself which only made me miss her more when we were apart. At times I longed for her distraction and jubilance.

As the day passed before us, I spent most of the time snatching at the rich grasses of the field and occasionally glancing at Aylin to make sure she hadn’t run off while I wasn’t looking. She had been weary in accepting the small bloom that now colored her nape in a bloody red- had I been wrong to give it to her? “Tell me something about yourself. I was hoping that I could come to know those in the Edge that are still as unfamiliar to me as you appear to be. I don’t mean to make you feel uncomfortable if in fact I’ve done so. I’m just having trouble finding where my duties end and where my personal life begins. Forgive me for the confusion- I’m still quite new to this.” I winked happily at her, hoping she would ease in my presence after such a tense beginning.

This was, after all, the first time I’d ever been able to lead anyone other than myself. Mirage had had many years of practice to perfect her technique so I had a lot of catching up to do in the meantime. I wanted to get it right and I intended to do so, even if it killed me (at least figuratively so).

OOC|| Well... this didn't come out as well as I'd hoped. X.x

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Thor - 03-19-2013, 11:19 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Thor - 03-27-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Aylin - 03-31-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Thor - 04-07-2013, 10:24 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Aylin - 04-15-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Thor - 04-21-2013, 01:31 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Aylin - 04-23-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Warm Whispers [Aylin/Open] - by Thor - 04-30-2013, 10:45 PM