A Fool's End || Ignita, Challenge

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official

I g n i t a | M a d y r n
- - - - -
By my verdict MADYRN is the winner.
Madryn has received one VP and will take IGNITA as his prisoner.

IGNITA -- post 1 (attack only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Attack: horn stab thingamajig.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
- 1| Flow: this post was quite choppy and, despite clear in what happens, it gets "broken up" by frequent typos. I suggest running your posts through a spell check to get rid of all the annoying little errors which brings your score down.

MADMASK -- post 1

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: angling away from the horn. Though, I do not think it was a rear per se, as much as a jump forward.
+ 1| Attack: bucking.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow, though you did have a few places where the sentences got so long my mind almost ran aground.

IGNITA -- post 2

[Realism]
- 1| Defense: ultimately, I have a few issues with how you took this kick. Given that Madyrn has taken a "large, bounding leap forward", and Ignita a canter stride, I do not think he'd hit the front part of her barrel, but rather her thigh or something. Also, I know that Ignita is of a semi-sturdy build, but when a horse gets hit by another horse like this, they typically lurch a little. You interpreted the pain/bruising/effect well, though, even if I disagree with the placement.
- 1| Attack: the rear. While this is a decent attack, I was at first a little confused as to what she was doing. However, my issue is that nothing dictates that Madyrn will be standing still, and merely halting and turning around will most likely not put you close enough to pummel his hind end.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
0| Flow: the spelling was a lot better, but here and there your sentences became too long. It would flow better if you chopped some of them in half.

MADMASK -- post 2

[Realism]
0| Defense: sidling away. Ignita was actually coming from behind you, more or less, but you seem to act as if she showed up in front of you. However, it was a good defense, and you took the hooves-to-the-spine in a realistic fashion.
+ 1| Attack: trying to knock her off balance.
+ 1| Attack: bite to flank.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

IGNITA -- post 3

[Realism]
0| Defense: bitten flank. I feel like you could've elaborated more upon it, pain-wise and if it affected you in some way.
+ 1| Defense: half-sitting down from the push before twisting away, though it was his left side coming into you.
0| Attack: kicking out. Sadly, this lacked direction - did you spin away to your left or right before kicking? Are you standing parallel to him when you kick, or, did you turn the other way so you're standing more like nose-to-tail? So which way is the kick coming from?

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
0| Flow: you have some issues with typos and a bit choppy transitions, so try to work on that!

MADMASK -- post 3

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: taking the kick to the chest.
+ 1| Attack: trying to punch her hocks.
+ 1| Attack: trying to bite her left buttock.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

IGNITA -- post 4

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: taking the hooves to the hocks. I think you treat the injured one well.
+ 1| Defense: turning away from the bite/catching the tail.
+ 1| Attack: trying to stab him again.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow. There were a lot less typos in this one!

MADMASK -- post 4

[Realism]
+ 1| Attack: strike to hock.
- 1| Defense: I honestly do not see how her head would be near his hind end, if he's using his right leg to strike her. It means he has to stand at an angle to her, to reach properly, and given how he's described to keeping away from her head/more like right behind her, I don't see how she'd even be able to glance off his hindquarters.

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion.
+ 1| Easy read.
+ 1| Flow.

IGNITA -- post 5 (defense only)

[Realism]
- 1| Defense: While I think that, given the circumstances, it is a plausible defense move to keep Madyrn away, you messed up the timing a bit. Madyrn struck just as Ignita lunged forward to stab again, but you play it as being a pause in between, which is incorrect.

IGNITA

[Bonus]
0| Nothing of note.

[Injuries]
0| Nothing of note.

[Creativity]
0| Nothing of note.

Comments: You've got the makings of a good fighter, however, you have a few things to learn! First and foremost I suggest that you take care in re-reading, as well as spellchecking, your posts, as you lost a few unnecessary points to typos and awkward transitions. Try to make sure that everything flows! Secondly, you have a good grasp on horse fighting, but, when it comes to writing it down you run into a few problems. Think about the timing of the fight, and of the space between you and your opponent. Sometimes you need to write "I took a few steps to try and bring us close together again", as often your opponent will glide away a little after an attack, as momentum carries them past. Keep that in mind, and try to make sure you are always clear with left/right, as it's vital to know which way you're facing/which side you're attacking, etc. On the whole, you improved a lot through the fight, and your fourth post was by far the greatest! Keep practicing!

MADMASK

[Bonus]
+ 1| Surroundings: you mentioned it a little.
+ 2| Breed: trying to use Madyrn's larger size to an advantage.

[Injuries]
0| Nothing of note.

[Creativity]
0| Nothing of note.

Comments: On the whole, well done! You've got a good grasp on fight mechanics, and your posts are well written, with clear presence. I really do not have much to comment on, as you made no glaring errors in the fight, so just keep up the good work!

TOTAL
Ignita - 60
Madyrn - 72

Image Credit: dirkjankraan @ Flickr

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Fool's End || Ignita, Challenge - by Ignita - 03-21-2013, 02:29 PM
RE: A Fool's End || Ignita, Challenge - by Ignita - 03-22-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: A Fool's End || Ignita, Challenge - by Ignita - 03-24-2013, 06:44 AM
RE: A Fool's End || Ignita, Challenge - by Ignita - 03-25-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: A Fool's End || Ignita, Challenge - by Ignita - 03-25-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: A Fool's End || Ignita, Challenge - by Official - 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM