the Rift

Dangerous Lies [Psyche]

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Nadira ignored the seeping icicle sensation that hugged her physique. This was now or never. Either she wanted a home, or she didn’t. Either she would fight for her own kind, or she could become soft hearted… which had gotten her nowhere except broken hearted and betrayed. She let the pent up air curl from her nostrils as it entered onto the frigid breeze of the steppe. The question the poured forth from Psyche was only to be expected, so when it was voiced, Nadira held her cool and kept her gaze level with the mare’s .

“Living with those who mingled with others not of their race, I came to find through hardship, that they scattered and fled. Letting excuses override the reason to stand up and fight for what they believed and protecting what was theirs. They were not bound by race or bound by the blood that made them who they are.”

Nadira stopped for a moment. Letting her words sink in. She rightly knew she appeared dainty and meek. But she was a force to be reckoned with and she felt the ember within her begin to flame and ignite the passion and desire that had been simmering for too long. She may not thirst for the blood of the unpure, but she did not like seeing history repeat itself. The unicorn has been slowly erased from history and she would fight to keep her kind remaining. She did not know if she could bear thinking she was the last again.

“It is hard for one to live as if she is the only one left of her kind. To defend a belief and then be betrayed by those she thought she could trust. I have repeated my mistake and wish not to do it again. “

She glazed her cold sapphire gaze over Psyche and could see understanding in her orbs. She felt the numbness take her. She was no longer virgin to the bitter sweet of the arctic terrain. She, too, had been hiding. But her hiding was not geared towards building a force to take back what had once belonged to the unicorn. No. She had been hiding to preserve her life. And maybe that was what she needed now to propel her forward. She doubted any unicorn on Helovia had faced the mortal cage of a human body. And she wished they never would.

“I may seem like a simple mare, Psyche, who is easily persuaded, but I do not feel the need to explain or prove my past to you. You would have not wasted your breath if your goal was to release me from this world. So my only question is, what is your offer and why me?”

The purple silvery liquid that coursed through her veins was thick and sticky. It was of an old race: the last race of the unicorns to be driven from earth. She did not remember how the other unicorns had escaped, or the other worlds that housed them and kept them safe. But it seemed that humans were not the issue here, in Helovia. It was other races of the equine that threatened them. And why? She waited now, for the Basin Lady’s words. Nadira wondered if her words were worthy enough to satisfy Psyche. She would soon find out.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Nadira - 03-20-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Psyche - 03-22-2013, 04:58 PM
RE: Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Nadira - 03-22-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Psyche - 03-24-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Nadira - 03-25-2013, 10:11 PM
RE: Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Psyche - 04-08-2013, 10:17 AM