the Rift

Dangerous Lies [Psyche]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
THE PLAGUE
Psyche

[OOC | SO sorry this took so long - life happened, and I just got back online and off absent today!]

The cold is not easy to endure. It might begin as a shiver, might progress to violent shudders wracking the body. Perhaps you wouldn’t notice the cold as much then, as the shivering would warm you up considerably. But the longer you stand in the cold, the more exhausted your body would become from this continuous movement. The legs will go first as the blood recedes to keep the vital organs strong and warm. But eventually they will be lost to the frigid temperatures, and then you will be lost, too.

The shadow-mare knew all of this and more from her time in the Frostbreath Steppe and beyond. She knew, and by the heavy puffs of vapor coming from the fae’s nostrils, she would bet that Nadira was quickly learning the effects of the northern climate. Even more impressive, she kept her head, speaking in a calm manner, laying out her questions, her arguments, though they weren’t phrased as such. No, she was quite polite in pointing out that the Empress was withholding information. She would be perfect as a spy.

The Lady of the Basin had not been raised to be a spy, but necessity had taught her secrecy. The less one spoke of their secrets, she had found, the less likely they were to be overheard. Of course, she had planned their walk for this very reason. Nadira had thus far not proven to be a foolish mare, and Psyche knew that she would need to offer more explanation to gain her allegiance. And so here they were, on the frozen moors of the Steppe, miles to see in any given direction. She’d like to see someone try to sneak up on them here.

"It would seem that you know more of the world of spying than even I would have given you credit for. You are correct, of course, but as you will come to understand, it is our secrecy that has allowed us to thrive.” She paused, adopting an almost patient tone, as a teacher might assume when delivering a lesson. "Well over a year ago, myself and Mauja the FrostHeart created a secret organization dedicated to furthering the unicorn race. I will not list all of those among our ranks – I’m sure that you understand that were you to be questioned, I would very much hate for all of our information to become your captors’. However, you must know that you may pass your gathered information on to either Mauja or myself.

“Now, as I mentioned, we aim to place our race above all the others. Equines and pegasi have no place within our society, unless it is perhaps as slaves. Perhaps you think this is a harsh viewpoint – but I must ask you why we wear our horns if not as a crown? Regardless of to what degree you share our beliefs, I will not ever force you to do anything against your will. If it is all you desire to gather information, then I will not ask you to fight, I will not ask you to steal. But so long as you remain loyal to us, you will have a place in our regime. Do we have an agreement?”

"Talk talk talk."
CRUX
Image Credit
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Nadira - 03-20-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Psyche - 03-22-2013, 04:58 PM
RE: Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Nadira - 03-22-2013, 09:46 PM
RE: Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Psyche - 03-24-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Nadira - 03-25-2013, 10:11 PM
RE: Dangerous Lies [Psyche] - by Psyche - 04-08-2013, 10:17 AM