the Rift

Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
You had such a lovely crooked smile
Midas
A heart would take much grief and love throughout its lifetime. Emotions could lift a spirit high from the ground without even the need for wings; or it could sodden an existence until nothing of a pure soul remained. It seemed with each morning I awoke to a healing spirit, the lord had applied necessary ointment to my festering wounds. All that remained was for me to rest and tend to body and soul. Every day was a challenge anew like the light of twilight in the evening. This evening in particular was quiet, peaceful. Finally things seemed to calm back down into a welcoming loll of anticipation. Our enemies vanquished and the threat of attack seemed like a distant memory. Though Kri would have us at our peak and for the most part this herd was still widely alert for trouble, it was hard to remain constantly aware without taking a moment to simply enjoy life.

I watched each ray of light slowly fade from the sky until nothing but a sheen of its previous glory remained. The coolness of night fell over the Throat, stars began to come out one by one until the heaven was full of them. Young horses fell asleep with the eyes of their guardians keeping careful watch. Tonight I held the shift inland, my task for this evening was to keep careful eye over our sleeping family. Patrolling at night was always easier than during the day, for one the temperatures were more appeasing and two it was usually quiet. Less hustle and bustle gave opportunity for extra time to be spent in gathering bits of gold from the area I walked. I had been collecting flakes of this precious stone for weeks now, prying it the sand by magic alone. This land was rich in gold and other metals.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Flakes of gold for you? (Onni, Open) - by Midas - 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM