the Rift

IN A HEARTBEAT --

Sinding Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

sinding,

I would know that face from a thousand miles away. I would know that face until that one thousand miles became an inch within infinity. Hers was a face which could never be forgotten -- that, if I were to be honest with myself, never should be. For hers was a face shaped from moon-marble and the dust of star-shine, and as quick as I was to deplore her I suppose, too, I was equally just as quick to admire. Oh! What a loathsome creature she is! And to think that I saw her only yesterday after months of nothing at all, but what I remember of her afterglow. To see her again -- lo! -- to see her again is to take the dagger of anguish and poison the tip with fury: while her face is immortalized within the marrow of my very bones I cannot, and will not, look upon her without understanding and bleeding hate. Hers is a face that would launch not just a thousand ships, but ten hundred thousand -- no! Ten hundred million! -- yet I see her face and through the swooning song that unfurls in my soldier's blood, I hate, and I hate, and I hate. "Mikali." Even the three, once venerable syllables of her name are like arsenic in my mouth. Is this what they do to you, women? Do they dig in deep with thorns for fingers and barbwire for teeth? If they are all like her, let me not know a woman again. Let me be crucified or burned at the sake -- let me be drowned on the ocean floor: I will not have it again, for this is too much . . . and yet I shall never forget her face. It is the kind of face that should never be forgotten.

Messages In This Thread
IN A HEARTBEAT -- - by Sinding - 03-21-2013, 09:47 PM
RE: IN A HEARTBEAT -- - by Mikali - 03-21-2013, 10:26 PM
RE: IN A HEARTBEAT -- - by Sinding - 03-21-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: IN A HEARTBEAT -- - by Mikali - 03-21-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: IN A HEARTBEAT -- - by Sinding - 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM
RE: IN A HEARTBEAT -- - by Mikali - 03-23-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: IN A HEARTBEAT -- - by Sinding - 03-26-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: IN A HEARTBEAT -- - by Mikali - 03-26-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: IN A HEARTBEAT -- - by Sinding - 03-27-2013, 10:38 PM