snowdrifts [mauja, open]
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

It seemed that she'd found his latest addition; feathers. For many days he had felt them each time they whispered against his neck, seen them from the corner of his eye each time he swished his tail, but now - they felt like they were truly a part of him. Most of the time he even forgot that they were there. With a smile at her inquisitiveness he placed his muzzle just behind her own ears, mirroring the placement of his feathers. A pegasus, though? No. That would just have been downright shameful! "Feathers I have," he said, a touch of pride in his voice again - pride of a different kind, not the fatherly that his whole being was positively radiating. After all, a murder of ravens he guessed belonged to the Moon herself had gifted him with them! "But not from a pegasus. They come from ravens, ravens sent by the Moon herself." He'd caught his own reflection often enough at night these days to know that it added something silver to his eyes, and he knew all too well the weakness it resembled: cataracts. Was it a bad joke, or something more? He certainly wasn't blind at night, that much was certain.

He wondered if maybe he should tell her not to accept gifts from pegasuses, but then again, his racism was a stealthy one; if she traipsed around Helovia the way foals tended to do and blabbered her mouth off about Daddy FrostHeart saying not to trust other species..? Living in the Edge might do her good, make her receptive to the elitism that marked their own kind, but doing it more subtly. When she was older she would understand, and know the value of silence. So for now, he merely smiled, and exhaled a breath of relief when she said Psyche was fine. The mare had not proven to be all she'd claimed, but he still cared for her. Still... He had to appoint a new Crux to the Plague.

Later, he scolded himself. Your daughter has just come home!

Another wave of fatherly feelings overwhelmed him and he pressed the flat of his nose against her thin neck. Ah, running away... How could he berate her for that? Stupidly enough he liked the fact that it was all to come see him, and he guessed it was true, that being a parent made you irrational. Being proud about his kid running off from Psyche wasn't what he had envisioned himself being proud about, but here he was! He laughed, softly; mischief ran in both his and Psyche's veins, so why on earth shouldn't little Snö have gotten it too? "Ah, my darling, running away from your mother?" He gave her a look of mock severity, but his voice was warm, fond. "You're my kid, alright, no question about it. Hers, too." He pulled his head back to get a better look at her pale white face again. Psyche shared some of his Friesian bloodlines, so it wasn't strange that she had a head like both of them. Mauja smiled. "Of course you can stay! I can hardly send you running back alone to a mare that is always running around, now, can I?" He grinned. "Come, Snö my dear, let us go home." Normally, Mauja delivered such comment with a dramatic flourish and a deep voice, but now it was entirely ruined by a broad grin. Motioning for her to follow he began to pace away, leaning over to nip at her stubby mane.

"Sooo... what has she been teaching you, all these months?"

( I figured they could keep going and have a talk? :3 Would also give Aury a chance to pop in hehe :D )
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
snowdrifts [mauja, open] - by Snö - 07-14-2012, 04:20 PM
RE: snowdrifts [mauja, open] - by Mauja - 07-15-2012, 08:04 AM
RE: snowdrifts [mauja, open] - by Snö - 07-15-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: snowdrifts [mauja, open] - by Mauja - 07-15-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: snowdrifts [mauja, open] - by Snö - 07-15-2012, 10:08 AM
RE: snowdrifts [mauja, open] - by Mauja - 07-15-2012, 02:42 PM
RE: snowdrifts [mauja, open] - by Aurelius - 07-15-2012, 03:55 PM
RE: snowdrifts [mauja, open] - by Snö - 07-16-2012, 07:16 AM
RE: snowdrifts [mauja, open] - by Mauja - 07-16-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: snowdrifts [mauja, open] - by Aurelius - 07-19-2012, 10:17 AM