the Rift

the threads of fate have been strung; a life lost and a life gained

Alvilda Posts: 12
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Vicer, Pirates, Open

I was blowing up like a blow fish. Any bigger and I would burst, or, so I feared. My stomach was large and bulky, making me walk awkwardly. I was lugging this extra weight around, and I wanted it to go away. Now. It seemed that on this very day, my wish would come true.

Hauling me and my over-bloated stomach around the beach was difficult, the salty smell calmed me but I was still a bit panicky. I mean, come on, I didn't know what was inside of me. All I knew was that I was fat. I swear, I was bigger than a whale! Snorting, I shake my head as I walk along the shore, the salty breeze throwing my black locks about. Breathing in the air, I enjoyed the silent moment. But it all came crashing down.

Pain.

Pure pain.

It came in a sudden and violent wave, and I stumble to the side. My stomach, it hurt. Hurt so bad I swear I screamed so loud anyone in Davy Jones' locker would hear me. I wail as another violent wave washes over me. I can feel something beginning to trickle down my thigh. Glancing back, I see blood. Gasping for air, I tumble down. I-I'm... pregnant!? Shock and pain collided, and I felt like fish food at that very moment. How.... how....?! Flicking my brown ears back, I collapse in a heap on the sandy shore. Writhing in pain, I look at my leg and my rear. A good amount of crimson blood was spilling out from under my tail. Crying out in horror, I felt the waves of pain return. And they kept coming.

And coming.

And then, it all stopped. Sighing, I crane my neck. This... was this right? The small thing the lay splayed by my rump was smaller than the average new born foal. Thinking about the times I had seen foaling, I recall that there was one mare who had given birth to a sickly little colt. He was born early, and his mother called it,"premature birth". Staring at the small, red lump I instantly know that the child is early. Wailing, I feel my heartache. Or was that my stomach? Tears began to run down my cheeks, and my legs shake as I try to get a closer look at the baby. With her legs still tangled up around the placenta, I begin to clean her up. The taste of blood was salty, almost like the sea. But, there was also a coppery taste to it. Snorting, I force myself to keep cleaning. Soon enough the newborn child is clean, and I make sure I had seen correct. A filly. I-I had a filly. I was a mother. A mother. Happy tears well up in my eyes, and I bump my velveteen muzzle against my child's shoulder. Small white spots line her shoulder, a few white spots speckled the wings the she kept close to her.

I lay there for a while, unaware that I was still bleeding. It wasn't until I tried to stand up that I realized how weak I was. My legs shook, and my head throbbed. I felt... tired. So... tired. My lids feel as heavy as ever, but I force myself to keep them open away. Pressing my coal black muzzle against her pale chestnut shoulder, I try to wake her. A small, pathetic cough escapes her small lips. Frowning, I begin to whisper, "My darling Amara... wake up." But... she continues to wheeze and cough. She stops when I begin to sing, my voice nothing but a gentle coo. "Darling child, lift your closed eyelids, look at this bright new world. See where you belong, see the mother that loves you so. See the sea that washes away the sand. Open your eyes. Open them, my dear child." Closing my lips, I brush my muzzle against her forehead. Closing my amber eyes, I inhale. I had nudged the child closer to my stomach, but, my tail flicked and a loud splash rang through the air. Looking at it, I see a medium sized puddle forming. The sand draws the dark crimson liquid in like hungry wolves devouring flesh. Was... was it mine? Staring in horror, I glance at my baby. My innards seemed to twist around at the sight of blood. Especially my blood.

Would... would I die? I had heard of mares dying because they lost too much blood during birth. With a sort of horrified expression on my face, I stumble forward and half drag myself, half walk towards the water. I feel my forelegs give way, and go flying into the water. A loud splash echoes through the beach, and my eyes seem to dull. Blood seeps out from under my black tail and it pools up in the water. "SOME ONE, HELP MEEE!" I scream, cringing in pain. I wasn't going to live. I could tell, the way I bled, the way the waves seemed to pull me forward. The waves, they wanted my body. I could tell they wanted it. They wanted to throw it into their depths, let it roll in some corral, let the flesh disintegrate to reveal pristine white bones. Crying at the images, I turn to the small chestnut lump. "JUST MOVE!" I scream at the lump, crying more and more. A small chest rose slowly, but nothing moved. Weeping, I mumble and mumble, on and on about life. About love. About children, about everything. My brain, it... it needed blood. And right now, my mind was shutting down. My organs were shutting down. Everything. It was leaving me tired and wary, emotional and hurt. "Vicer... where are you?" Tears streamed down my face, falling into the salty water. I'm there, kneeling on my forelegs. My hind quarters stuck in the air awkwardly, and my forelegs dipped down and scraped against the rocks and sand. Crying endlessly, I wanted to melt away.

Wanted to this all to be over. I wanted to live. To live....

[[ ;-; I'm soooo saaaaadddd D: Alvilda will live for like, another post. D: On a happy note, 1084 words :o]]

Messages In This Thread
the threads of fate have been strung; a life lost and a life gained - by Alvilda - 03-23-2013, 07:27 AM