the Rift

the threads of fate have been strung; a life lost and a life gained

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

My world was warm, comforting. I never felt empty, never felt tired. The only problem was things were getting tighter as I grew. At first, I was able to stretch my small limbs in the bubble I called home. But as time went by, I grew to big. But I could still stretch my legs, and the small, feathery appendages that grew from my back. It was always dim where I was, and all I did was stay there in a crumpled little ball, constantly eating. After quite a while, I could hear muffled voices and noises.

It was one day that I was forced out. Forced out of my lovely home and forced through a tunnel that winded this way and that. I wanted to stay in here, stay in this warm liquid and sleep and eat. I was squeezed out and thrown into a new world.

Cold air seeped all around me, and I was barely able to move I was so cold. Curling up tighter, I try to stay as close as I could to the warmth radiating from the nearest body. The body was what I assumed to be my mother, but I hadn't bothered to open my eyes yet to look. I liked the darkness, it was soothing for me. Yawning, I dare to open my eyes. The things I see are a little confusing, at first the world is nothing but a blur of colors. Reds, browns, blues, yellows, these colors are all smashed together as I stare.

A strange smell hits my nostrils and I gag. My momma's warmth moves away, and a loud splash rings through the air. Screaming, crying, more splashing. Pounding sounds come closer, and rumbling voices reach my small ears. Turning my head slowly, I see a figure the same color as me. But, the figure is larger, and smells familiar. Whining like a dog, I try to reach something warm. I was too cold. I felt emptiness within me, a pain in my abdomen. Loud shouts and screams come from where mother is. Tilting my head to the side, I reach out with my nose. The screams are constant, coming from mother. Opening my mouth, I try to speak. Silent words come from my lips, and I give a slight wail.

As my vision cleared up, I was able to make out two shapes, a reddish one and a brown and black one. I watch as the red shape embraced mother. Mother kept crying and wailing and thrashing about. My small, dark lips curl into a frown, and my eyes shift to the red horse. That must be daddy. Staring at them, I watch as mommy falls limp, her head crashing into the sand. "Mommmeeeeeeeeeee." I cry out, my first word. Water started leaking from my eyes, and the water dropped from my cheeks onto the sand. "Wakeeeee. Uuuuup." I slowly rise, my body weak and my abdomen growled. Was... was there a monster inside of me? A little scared, I throw myself back to the ground. "Hurt." Sharp little specks dig into my skin, making me itch. Squealing, I raise my hind quarters and try to stand.

I was standing! Overjoyed, I attempt to do a happy dance before coughing and tumbling back down to the ground. I try several more times before I'm able to stand without toppling over. My long legs are awkward to stand on, and trying to walk is difficult. I struggle to walk over to daddy and mommy, my legs wobbling like mad. "Daddeeeeeee." I trip over one of mommy's legs, and fall right beside her. "Mommeeeeee. Wakeeeeee... uuuuup" Bumping my muzzle against her's, I realize how cold it is. I didn't understand death, nor what happened to my mother. Crying, I bump my nose against my daddy's leg. I let out a pathetic wail, water running from my amber eyes.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: the threads of fate have been strung; a life lost and a life gained - by Amara - 03-23-2013, 01:11 PM