the Rift

what if [midas]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
You had such a lovely crooked smile
Midas & Ktulu

The answer to her offer was not one that surprised Ktulu in the least. She'd made the offer before for him to join her in the forest and he had turned her down, but now she'd secured a herdland. Had a real place to call home. A place that she could protect, and yet he still turned her down, claiming that his heart was bound to the desert. It was not right that he compared the land he was tied to to her family, she felt. Her family was living and breathing but the land was just that. Land. She'd been run out of far too many homes to ever develop an attachment to it like Midas had to his damned scorched desert.

"I know we live apart; but I believe my care for you is enough to cross the span of land between."

"I supposed your care will be enough to warm my side during the night." She could not help the bitter edge that laced her tone and so she turned her face away from Midas. What was happening to her? Why did she care so much that one stallion be by her side when she had so many others that would follow her to hell and back. Archibald would do anything she asked of him, would stand by her side through the toughest of times. He went with her from the forest to the Foothills and yet Midas would refuse her offer of a new home that was lush and beautiful.

Why did her chest hurt the way it did because he said no?

"It is not time, Midas." Ktulu said pointedly as she looked back to the stallion. "It's distance, and I don't know. I..." She sighed and shook her head then looked away once more. "I want you to be a part of my family, but... distance destroys families." She knew that all too well. Being apart from her parents for so long made her feel like a wedge had been driven between them and a gaping hole opened that threatened to swallow them whole. She no longer so her father in the same way she had when she was a foal and spent day and night with him.

How could they be whole when he was so willing to keep them divided?

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-12-2013, 09:32 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: what if [midas] - by Ktulu - 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: what if [midas] - by Midas - 04-24-2013, 10:58 PM