the Rift

Self Pity (Open)

Crven Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Crven
I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow

Beneath the beautiful night sky it was easy to believe she was not truly alone in this world....that at least the Gods were up there staring down at her. But she was alone....wasn’t she? Just like every other night since her youth. She had been accepted into the Worlds Edge by Thor, attended her first herd meeting....and still something felt wrong. Though she could not identify it she was missing something.....a link to the herd maybe? Someone to confide in...a friend...But that need seemed unobtainable. While she had been able to play with the young blind Takaraa in the meadows she felt it was because of the filly’s disability that she had been so accepting....Surely if she could have seen the abomination before her she would not have leapt about so freely....No...when anyone saw her their eyes would always linger on her maneless neck....It wasn’t like she had a fifth limb or something....but she might as well have been. Mares were always flinging about their beautiful bountiful manes....looking through their tresses with coy eyes.....So what chance did a naked necked mare like Crven stand?

She sighed...wishing that for once these thoughts would not consume her....but they would as always, pressing doubt into the deep confines of her mind. Distorted images of herself filling every screen. Beneath the rock structure which she had found haven from the chilling winds she lay, nibbling at salty tasting weeds. What better place to wander than a place of cold when you felt you had a soul made of ice? Hell....even Thor had pointed out that she was the black sheep of the herd, and he was a flightless pegasus. With tears brimming she quickly shook her head, sending small ice fragments flying all about her …..No....she was not going to cry anymore....Not for what she wanted...what she couldn’t have, and never would. With an angry snort she thrust herself upwards, shaking her entire body until she felt there was nothing more she could slough off, no more sadness or anger. With a resigned look in her eyes she looked towards her ‘home’....dreading the long trek back....and going back period....What was the point really....she didn’t belong in the throat anymore than she belonged here...

A sound shattered her thoughts of self pity...hoofbeats...someone was here...

"Talk talk talk."
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Self Pity (Open) - by Crven - 03-25-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Ignita - 03-25-2013, 03:59 AM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Faelon - 03-25-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Crven - 03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Faelon - 03-31-2013, 01:16 PM