the Rift

Self Pity (Open)

Faelon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
As I intently watched and waited for the maneless mare to speak, I saw Ignita step back, seeming sympathetic, but at the same time watching us, or more likely the mare. I was actually quite glad to see her here, but I didn't really know what to do of her appearance. The last encounter with her was with the sharp tongued Arabian mare, Adrixaura, who couldn't shut her mouth for the sake of her life. Thankfully I wasn't a racist, nor cruel unicorn, or else I would have used this dreadful horn to strike her. Ignita, though seeming very kind, she was like a deadly snake ready to strike. I heard the mare reply to me turning her head away from me, and speaking. What would it be like to have no mane? Were the others terribly cruel to her? Or was it the fact that she has never seen a unicorn before? She was acting dreadfully nervous shifting her eyes and stepping back a little bit. I tried my best to look calm, and happy, perking up my ears with interest, and relaxing my tense body. I felt no threat with the two ladies.

"Thank you. I find it a duty to be kind to anyone", I said, meaning every word. There was something troubling the lady, but I wouldn't dare ask again, for I knew I would be intruding her personal space. I admired her icy blue eyes, like the intricate ice crystals that grew in patterns along walls of the strange rock formations. It was a pity that they had to be located in such a wretched place as this. A barren landscape with not a single tree in sight. It was a vulnerable place, where a horse could spot you from miles away, and you were without the protection of comforting trees. I also observed her neck, she was maneless but still beautiful, with a fiery red tail. I then heard her roll my name on her tongue, and I smiled at her. Was my name really so diverse from the rest? She then continued to speak, and I felt horrible for her. What was it that was bothering the fae so much? "I truly feel sorry for you", I said noting the overwhelming pain in her precious eyes. I started wandering back to the way I have been treated. "I guess I can say I have the same bad habit", I said sympathetically. It was true that I thought so hard about things that I depressed myself causing stomach aches.

I decided to try to avert the subject, speaking "What is your name, M'lady?" I spoke, waiting curiously, hoping that maybe we could speak together. I looked back at Ignita giving her a courteous smile, and moving my gaze back to the fae.

Messages In This Thread
Self Pity (Open) - by Crven - 03-25-2013, 12:02 AM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Ignita - 03-25-2013, 03:59 AM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Faelon - 03-25-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Crven - 03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Self Pity (Open) - by Faelon - 03-31-2013, 01:16 PM