the Rift

do you remember when [romani & xanthos]

Jasiri Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable

Jasiri</style>
Foal
Everyone wants to be a princess. I just want loyalty.
</style>

And then, there's you, daddy. Xanthos the great silver stallion, all huffing and puffing as if I was up to mischief-making. I don't make no mischief, sirs, so you don't have to go worrying your little head about that at all, stupids! Sometimes, parents are just scumps. It makes me roll my eyes, ma. At least you never go fretting over me more than being a ma calls for. I appreciate that over daddy's fussing and mussing. I can take care of myself, y'know. Everyone likes a little darling filly like myself, one who rolls in the mud and scum without a fear. Nobody needs to worry 'bout me!

But I hear you, da, galumphing towards me and I huffle and puffle, turning around to watch you with raised 'brows, and I make a little grumblin' in the back of me throat. I miss you, I really do, but sometimes you make me want to explode with frustration with all your scumping watching. But even as I think this, I sigh a little inside, because I cannot deny my heart warming at the sight of your long gray face and the familiar, miniature golden cat at your side. Of course, ma is with you too, her in her golden palomino glory, with the white tigeress Kasai. It's funny, because you would think it would be the other way around, coat-color-wise. You know? Mama is all yellow, like Azel. Daddy is all gray, like white Kasai.

But I like the way both of you look together, so I don't mind it. I think that we look like family altogether, as we should.

I think I drift away from what's happening for that, and fer that I'm terribly sorry, ma and da. Sometimes I ramble nearly as much as you, da. So I shake my little golden head and grin, trotting up to you with a little wag of my leonine tail, pleased to see you after so dang long being alone. My eyelids flutter close, and open again, and you are still there, so I well know this is no mirage. With the sweet crushed grass scenting the air, and the flowers, and the familiar scents of ma and da, it seems it will be a mighty fine day after all.

My smile widens even more at mention of a game, and I dig in my cloven hooves, eyes huge. "A GAME? Of course! C'mon, what game? Can we play it? Hurry up, mom, dad, you are sooo slow! I want to play something!" I won't lie by saying I didn't squeal like the little girl I am. I was leaping and squealing like a big baby.

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread