the Rift

[FINISHED] Satan laughing spreads his WINGS [ANY PEGASUS]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
drawing by Riven

i'm a spacebound rocket ship; and your heart's the moon

The high pitched call of an eagle resounded eerily through the grass expanse, causing Africa to open her eyes and blink skyward. It was a passing glance though; the eagle swept swiftly, effortlessly out of sight and in the same second, the rough voice of the persistent stallion broke the harmony of the out-of-place moment. She failed to notice at first, that he blatantly ignored her own question to him; the encounter was progressing so quickly and from Africa’s immature perspective, it was out of control. “What are you so scared of?” He asked her, almost spitting her name and she inadvertently dwelled on the question- wasting time, her pallid eyes narrowing as the horned horse all-to-abruptly altered his approach.

Initially she was relieved by his drastic change in heart, a meek and gullible half-smile finding purchase across her thin black lips. The urge to turn and pull feathers pulsed through her ears (she was quite stressed), but she could not break the fix his dark, sinister looking eyes held her own (brighter looking ones) with. Accidentally, and completely oblivious to his true intensions, Africa shifted her weight across each foreleg; in turn her clean right hoof lifted and fell heavily atop the delicate, wispy feathers she had previously plucked. For now she held that position, transfixed.

His ‘new’ voice cleared the small space between them smoothly, and apparently as charmingly as the bully could muster, and Africa nodded grimly and sincerely in response- she sighed remembering her predicament and stole the distracting moment to wonder where she was. So sweet-natured was she that the young horse was already pardoning her company of the bullying manner of his initiation of their conversation. She knew no other way. He (thankfully) graced her a little more breathing space, and she settled slightly beneath his shadowing, somewhat domineering presence.

“I’m sorry...” She began, hoping to refresh his memory and probe him for an identity, “...I missed your name.” Again she offered the humble smile, preparing herself for a more suitable continuation of their meeting- he had obviously left his manners, well, wherever it was that he called home. She followed his lead unconsciously, sucking deeply the fresh mountain air and watched quietly as her exhale seeped ever upward, eventually and most probably blending with his, far above their heads.

A F R I C A

Messages In This Thread
RE: Satan laughing spreads his WINGS [ANY PEGASUS] - by Africa - 03-29-2013, 10:10 PM