the Rift

Feathers of the brightest colors (Closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
She had seemed rather enthused by my invitation, and though Africa didn’t know, it was surprising and warming to see that bright smile plastered across her face. Almost like I was her favorite person of the day. Far too often my meetings landed prickly mares that wouldn’t respond to kindness. The creatures of this world never ceased to amaze, if only everyone would spread a little joy then perhaps we would all get along. I sighed after hearing the edge of nerves striking her tone, it was common that newcomers had butterflies about making a good first impression.

Caring about impression was a sure sign that they held passion for life. Starting today she would become my new sister, a girl the herd hopefully could cherish as a prized member. The oath of a warrior was to protect every brother and sister as if they were of blood relation. It was that oath which bound my soul to desert sand, and it was that same oath which robbed me of time with Ktulu. Ah, but I couldn’t think of my dark mistress now; not with a grey mare filling the air with her interests that would bear fruit on both sides of this conversation.

The ashen lady mentioned learning more about magic. ‘Well’, I thought quietly, ‘you are certainly in the right place for that’. She answered my question, but also didn’t—or else was ignorant to the vast openness of magical abilities in this world. Instead on dwelling on things that could be settled later my feet shifted from her, suddenly I felt eager to get airborn and actually show her what words alone didn’t justify. Sun dipped wings widened to catch the warm breeze.

A radiant sun blazed brightly on our backs from above, it glistened off my feathers and with a few hearty beats I was skyborn. My smaller, compact frame allowed for easier lift than most. Fina snarled as I rose, angered by being forced awake with the movement of my body angling up. Her fiery wings spread wide in a show of light and color while talons dug deep within my flesh. Annoyed hissing was mostly ignored, I didn’t have time to deal with petty squabbling right now. Besides…she and I both knew her nap would resume once we leveled off.

Dark cranium twisted down while my lips curled into a playful grin, “To your new home then?” She would come to realize that this world was fleshed from the womb of magic, every corner, each sunrise basked in it. The wind fills my wings, I push them out, strong and smooth until this body twists into a warm southern wind and leads the way to a fresh start for a new friend.

I know it’s been mentioned before, but nothing can describe how good it feels to have the land rush beneath you and the wind tugging at your mane and tail. Woe to those that wouldn’t ever experience this thrilling ride. When your body is gliding powerfully along the heaven, it is hard to not feel strong, gracefully, sometimes even beautiful. Eventually our home can into sight, rolling dunes outlined with red sandstone and granules of color inbetween. I angle toward Africa, matching her wing beats so that we didn’t bump appendages on the down stroke. My voice rises above the whistling wind, “Welcome to Dragons Throat!”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Feathers of the brightest colors (Closed) - by Midas - 03-27-2013, 10:08 PM