the Rift

A Brief Pause, Marching to the Throat [Murder/Open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia's expression of surprise was indeed more of a narrowed gaze, a threatening tightness of her jaw and violent hue in her strange, dual colored eyes. But those orbs of dual nature soon calmed when recognition settled in, murmuring his name. She recalled the event in which she had happened upon the blue stallion, the brutal, screaming tenor of his voice as he accused her of a crime. The turn of his ears told a story, one she assumed was of guilt, but he had no reason to feel such emotion. Slowly, she let her own, tulip ears turn forward, waiting to catch what words would tumble from his lips. A crease of his vermillion eyes made her wonder if he felt shame. Patiently, she waited.

Ophelia, ever kind at heart, though a bitter taint now festered beneath the surface, offered him aide, still. She had made a promise, and she intended to keep that promise. As he made an all too kind comment about her current status among the gods, she grimaced, the expression sarcastically dark. The alabaster mare turned her gaze away for a moment, an ache dully throbbing in her chest before she could tuck it away tightly. "I believe they would disagree with you on that matter," she grunted quietly, ears tilting back in anger at the gods, displaying the conflict that still plagued her.

Though continuing the journey alone was no issue, Ophelia did fell disappointed in the gods. Murder had done nothing but seek refuge under their protection, and they had stolen from him - something personal. She did not understand why the God of the Earth was unable to return his possessions. Her red-eyed friend was right; if the gods had wanted to help him, they would have done so by now.

The reasons to loathe the deities were quickly amassing, and that made Ophelia uncomfortable. In a war against the might of the heavens, the mortals would lose. Her sister's son was in no way equipped to battle his father, and with her sister's love of the massive stallion, she doubted that Ktulu would encourage the dethroning of a god.

What was she thinking? The heavens provided a balance, right? Ophelia's lips turned down into a slight frown as her mind ran off to thoughts that were unsafe and born of curiosity and bitterness. "If I knew more, I would tell you. I agree; if the gods wanted to help you, they would have done so. Perhaps I would have defended them before, but they abandoned us all. The veins lay in ruins, and I was cast out by the Sun." Ophelia turned her apologetic gaze to his, brows furrowed. "I am sorry."

A brief silence lingered, one that was both comfortable and peaceful at once - a settling of emotions and a turn of the wheel of time. Past became past and a bridge created to travel between what lay behind and what was to come. "Where will you go now?" she asked curiously. Not that it was any of her business to know, but Ophelia was a naturally inquisitive creature.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Brief Pause, Marching to the Throat [Murder/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM