the Rift

[OPEN] My dear friend, I've missed you...|| Aryel, Open

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

It had seemed like an average day in the Throat. She had left Oras to play near the oasis and begun her patrol for the day, gliding down their desert land's border in order to meet any that might be crossing it. Aryel's mind was rarely on aggression when she encountered a newcomer, unless she knew them to be dangerous. The Throat may have been a militaristic herd, but their prowess in battle disguised what was actually a very laid-back fighting force. There was no need to be stern and serious when there was no enemy.

The sun warmed her back and wings as usual, and she reflected that Orangemoon was just around the corner. Her mind danced at thoughts of crisp apples, bright leaves, cool nights, and ghost stories. She loved ghost stories (she had even met a few ghosts herself in Helovia). Beside her flew Java, who still took every opportunity to exercise his new powers of flight. He much preferred the heat to the cold, and she wondered how he would handle the colder season.

A form down below distracted her, and she banked her flight to intercept the newcomer. Coming to a galloping landing on the sand some distance from the stranger, she turned and walked towards him. "Welcome t-" Her words caught in her mouth.

It was Levi.

Weary, mussed, and wounded, but him all the same.

"Levi!" she shouted, rushing forward to throw her neck over his. Catallatio's words rung in her ears from their meeting in the Threshold. You know, I hear Levi went missing from the Throat. They say he went off in search of me, and never returned. She had begun to seriously worry something had happened to her friend. She relinquished her neck hug and nuzzled his shoulder with her head. "When I didn't see you in so long, I started to worry." She lifted her head to look at him with concerned eyes. "What happened to you?" Java, who had been surprised by Aryel's dive, now landed on her back and clambered up her neck, peering between her ears at the male. He didn't know him. But any friend of his bonded was a friend of his.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My dear friend, I've missed you...|| Aryel, Open - by Aryel - 03-28-2013, 07:25 PM