the Rift

[OPEN] My dear friend, I've missed you...|| Aryel, Open

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Help. Everyone needed help at some point in their lives; everyone needed protection. In some ways they would receive it traditionally- an extra nudge to help a newborn stand, or a daring leap to take an attack for an innocent. Those were acts of kindness, and the only proof in the darkest times that the beating, mortal heart was more than a tool to keep them walking.

But for what lay ahead, honor and generosity would not be enough. It was rare that the mythical forces of Helovia chose to intervene, but if there was a time to do so, now was as good as any.

It began as a drop of red rain, striking the sand firmly and sinking in between its delicate granules. But one droplet was followed by many more, until the unseen storm began to fall full force upon the pair and the companion. Red drops coated their skin and filled their hair- for a time, it seemed innocent. Perhaps just a beautiful trick of the light and weather.

But when the stench arose and the rain began to fall from the heavens into tongues, nostrils, and dangerously close to eyes- threatening to blind- a sense of the rain's secret began to reveal itself. Soaking the two friends was an endless torrent of blood.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: My dear friend, I've missed you...|| Aryel, Open - by Random Event - 04-05-2013, 09:31 AM