the Rift

[OPEN] My dear friend, I've missed you...|| Aryel, Open

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Convinced Levi was no threat, Java released his grip on the branch and returned to his place between Aryel's ears. He was getting heavier, to be sure, not to mention rougher in his landings. Java squeaked as Levi nudged his muzzle under him and tilted his head, ending up perched on the grullo's forelock. He shifted to a more comfortable position, then set about combing his thumb claws through Levi's mane, nibbling out any bits of dust or debris he found. The sight of the bat flopped over the stallion's head was so ridiculous, Aryel couldn't help the laugh that escaped her muzzle.

She arched her neck proudly as he complimented her magic. "I don't want to brag or anything..." she said, enjoying the praise but deciding the shift the conversation away from her. Levi was alive and back, and that was what mattered. Her ears pricked up at his surprised reaction to her meeting Catallatio. "It's the same one. Come to think of it, aside from that one time in the Threshold, I haven't seen him at all." She shrugged, her wing muscles rolling under her skin and feathers. "Maybe he's dead." In the back of her mind, however, she doubted someone as tenacious as him could be killed so suddenly. His outburst caused her brow to lift, expression becoming less pleasant. "I can take care of myself." she mumbled. "It wasn't like I was out looking for him. And as for getting hooves on me, I highly doubt that would ever be possible. I can fly, and he can't. It's that simple." She neglected to mention that the trees had been so thick where they met that she would have been unable to break the canopy. And the thought of Catallatio doing...that to her was just disgusting. But really, what did she have to fear from a loudmouthed equine? Absolutely nothing.

The conversation became lighter again as she explained about her son, then took yet another nosedive as Levi mentioned Lana. Aryel's face became pained. She hadn't wanted to tell him, not until she could organize the warriors. "Levi...Lana's not here. She was taken hostage in the Aurora Basin I don't know how long ago, along with Athena. I tried to get them out, but I wasn't good enough." Her wounds had begun to heal, but the short, vertical scratch on her neck where D'artagnan's horn had cut her was still faintly visible. "But don't you worry," she said, scowling. "I'm going to be putting together a war party soon. We'll bring them back, one way or another."

And that was when the raindrop fell. Perplexed, Aryel bent her head to examine the scarlet mark on the sand. Her brow furrowed, then relaxed. "There must just be red dust up in the clouds." she chuckled. But when the rain began to fall in earnest, leaving red streaks on their coats and spattering the ground, she became aware of a familiar, metallic smell. "What on Loorien?" she wondered, fear slowly creeping up her spine with cold fingers. As she spoke, a drop landed in her mouth, and her eyes widened. Retching and spitting, she bent her head again and rubbed her knee over her tongue. Sand didn't taste like that. Dreading what she would see, she lifted her head to gape at the red drops cascading from the sky. "Levi..." she quavered, "this isn't rain." Java, having tasted the blood through their bond, shrieked in terror and jumped off Levi's head, thudding onto Aryel's side and clinging with his sharp claws. The terrified bat pushed himself beneath her wing, where he cowered, still holding onto her side like a bat pup would hold onto it's mother. With dismay, Aryel looked at the oasis, now speckled with red. It would be weeks before their water tasted normal again, if it was even drinkable at all now. She quickly made for the shelter of a joshua tree, gesturing with her head for Levi to follow. Where was Oras? Where was Kri? This wasn't natural. This wasn't natural at all.

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My dear friend, I've missed you...|| Aryel, Open - by Aryel - 04-05-2013, 02:30 PM