the Rift

[OPEN] Broken Arrow [Brit? Open]

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Ru</style>

soft to the touch.</style>

Melodic sound escaped the scaled child perched upon Torasin's body, clearly in response to her own words. Soft giggle escaped her in return, and she nickered at him in return, eyes playful. He entranced her so, this creature, and she found her heart instantaneously adoring him. It was clear in the gentle look on her face, the awed and happy sparkle in her iris. Kiba and Torasin had effectively been folded into the crevices of her heart, and would remain there forever. Though a sheepish look passed over her features when her own reaction to the foul, bitter liquid aroused another bright laugh from the depths of the golden stallion's chest. He was kind and patient, something she treasured in those she befriended. In having been brought about in a home that she passed through as a ghost, Hotaru had been smiled upon by Mistress Fate for her misfortune. For her sufferings, she had been granted beautiful friends of loyal heart and commendable nature. With these encouraging souls by her side, the restraints pressing down upon her wild heart were beginning to snap and strain. Slowly, she was starting to realize that Raeden was not better than her simply because beauty had been laced into her physical vessel. Hotaru had something more valuable. Honesty, brilliance, loyalty. In time she would realize that Raeden's facade was not something to be envious of, but something to be frowned upon.

That time was not today, but the patient warmth that seemed to exude from Torasin was enough for bravery to take hold and poke its head up like a curious critter from the depths of her personality. Her own crown followed suit, and a long tail bumped gently against her nose from Kiba's own movement. A startled sound erupted from her nostrils, only to dissolve into golden laughter. Her name enticed another delightful sound from the dragon, and she couldn't help but playfully rear up and hop about in the water, nickering and puffing at him eagerly. She was still young, still desired to play and run, despite the fact she was nearing her first full season. Torasin turning and lowering his face to her made her stop in her play, ears alert and visible eye bright and attentive. Though she smiled shyly, modestly, as he complimented her. However she knew it was rude not to thank him, and so she flickered her audits and smiled happily. What a treat, to have found such a kind pair on such a beautiful day. "Thank you, I think you're very handsome too, Mister Torasin," she chirruped softly, not knowing a wide range of descriptive compliments for the opposite gender. Even so, sincerity glowed in every inch of her facial features, hoping to instill in him the same warmth that had bloomed in her own chest as he had complimented her. Usually all eyes were on Rae when it came to beauty. Before she could stop herself, happy smile faltered and she sighed softly, kicking a leg idly through the waves. "Raeden is prettier though. Rae is my twin," she clarified upon realizing Torasin and Kiba didn't know her sister. Delicate shoulders shrugged and she looked out upon the horizon. "So...it's nice to hear that," and her voice was a downy soft, painfully naked messenger to Torasin of how deeply he had touched her simply by calling her pretty.

Shaking away the sadness visibly, she began to hop from hoof to hoof once more, not as exuberant as her previous play but still clearly delighting in this new wonder of the ocean. Catching the confusion on his face she giggled and reached her muzzle out towards the marking upon his skin. No verbal indication came from her lips, but it was a clear sign that she had been speaking of him. Dancing came to a momentary pause as Kiba danced right back, little paw-like claws pattering upon Torasin's skin as he leapt into the air and began to twirl and glide above her. Delighted, she laughed and joyously kicked her heels, circling around and around with the brown dragon. Forelegs hopping up and spinning about as she played with the adorable creature, smile as bright as the afternoon sun upon her face. Torasin's words slowed her, but her legs danced and her smile never faded, though it turned sheepish once more. "I would like to be his lifelong friend. May I?" Knowing he was merely joking at the end, but her gaze was serious when she asked. Of course, she could not translate what Kiba said on her own, which is why she directed her query to Torasin instead. Watching him walk away curiously, she only realized she should follow when Kiba trilled musically at her. Giggling she moved her nose skyward towards him, smiling. Understanding what he was saying without words, she trotted eagerly after the intriguing stallion.

Pale pink ears flickered wherever his voice came from, her gait nearly dancing in the fashion of her breed as she happily kept herself busy at his side with Kiba. Soft hum vibrated in her throat as she contemplated her response, no hesitancy left in her frame or face as she let the world roll upon her tongue, testing them. "I live in the Foothills, but I don't stay there very much anymore. Nobody really notices if I leave, so I like to come explore and make friends. I don't really have a job there..." voice trailed off and tiny brow creased. Was she ever missed, when she wandered? Did anybody ever see her leaving, and not stop her? Did they wish she would not return? Had it been Raeden, Momma would have scolded her for leaving and dragging Hotaru along with her. And yet, when Ru did it alone, she was never chided. Perhaps she really was a ghost, a phantom limb nobody wanted. "I don't really know what I would want to be. I want to protect others, but I don't want to be evil...I don't want to be a mercenary, I want to have a family to fight for. People who will notice when I leave, miss me when I'm gone..."
Wistfully she stared down at her own legs, still happily moving despite the sadness that plagued her thoughts. This sentence would define her life forever, as it would be the path her heart would take as she grew older. A fighter she would become, but not one who wished for blood on every occasion, or fought for money and not a cause. Hotaru simply wanted to be wanted. That was it. Sighing, she let her face brighten and cast away such thoughts. She was in loving company, a kind brute and a playful dragon whom she had quickly come to adore. Hotaru hopped and skipped down the beach, circling Torasin and jumping to bump their shoulders together gently. Briefly as she danced backwards in front of him, both of her eyes were revealed trustingly to him, forelock dancing back away from her gaze with the wind. It was hard to reveal her snowy silver iris, as if she was blind, and in such contrast with the sea green color of the other. It was a rather pretty mix, the silver and green, but the silver was pale and from a distance was easy to mistake. But she trusted Torasin with this, and instead her eyes found Kiba, desiring for either of them to play with her. Make her feel like she belonged for a few moments, even if only for a little while. It would make returning home that much easier, and suddenly a question was on her lips as she slowed her pace as she jogged backwards slightly awkwardly. "Can I come see you in the World's Edge?" Alliances, families, and wars meant nothing to the pale princess with the elegant face. She was but a fresh flower blooming in this world, and Phaedra had never deigned to tell them that they were not exactly friends with every herd. Life was still a simple case of black and white, the grey areas slowly growing with time.

<333

[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Broken Arrow [Brit? Open] - by Torasin - 03-28-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: Broken Arrow [Brit? Open] - by Hotaru - 03-28-2013, 10:11 PM
RE: Broken Arrow [Brit? Open] - by Torasin - 03-31-2013, 07:07 AM
RE: Broken Arrow [Brit? Open] - by Hotaru - 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM
RE: Broken Arrow [Brit? Open] - by Torasin - 04-13-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: Broken Arrow [Brit? Open] - by Hotaru - 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM