the Rift

Is satan still laughing? (Challenging//Crash)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

He hadn’t seen nothing yet.

I was going to grind this idiot into the dirt, and by the act hopefully make it home before lunch. My golden knife like feet aim true and unicorn flesh peals away like blades of grass being sliced by the wind. Crimson now stains my feet, his foolish blood spent over the silly pride of a bully. There is no remorse, but I also wasn’t gleeful that our meeting had come to this. My normally gentle spirit took no pleasure from overwhelming the senses of another, rendering them helplessly lost. I tried to remind myself that Africa had been the victim in this, and everything that this patched brute got was more than deserved.

He finally turns to me, putting my attacks in the foremost portion of that pointed brain. A wise choice considering the circumstances. My eyes are wary of his silver laced sword; despite having armor the piercing points of a horn can be harmful. No real damage has been dealt thus far on either side, my efforts are still borderline warning. This didn’t have to result in the loss of anything, the similar painted one could turn from me now; run for the hills. I wouldn’t follow.

My enemy's teeth come at me, but I’ve already pulled up and away to bite at his nape. Uncovered flesh is out of his reach, my horned face is curved toward the fleshy part of a coal black unicorn neck. His mouth falls on steel mail instead, teeth brushing my heavy chains harmlessly; while my yellow ivory’s pluck a mouthful of locks from his body. The upper part of my frame starts to fall forward, having lost momentum and willingness to stay in a rear.

Surprisingly my opponent managed to spin round and swing a kick toward my armored breast after missing an attack on my jaw. My hindlegs peddle my Campolina extremity backwards, reeling from him in hopes that I could somehow avoid this sudden blow altogether. The gypsy's burst of speed is surprising and a little unexpected, I had hoped to be the swiftest of the two. Collared flesh tenses beneath the alloy as his back hooves find my breast plates before I’m fully out of range. They strike heavily against the metal, causing the air that was obviously held in lungs to be instantly expended.

A sound passes between my lips, “oomph” as the weight of his thrust throws my stance back a step. His attack has power behind it, angry power. He was going to make this even easier, easier for the beast that was within myself to emerge. I feel a responding fury rise from the pits of my soul; he wasn’t going to back down, and fortunately, neither was I. It takes me a second to gather myself and inhale a sorely needed breath, wings unfurl. Snapping viciously from my barrel and thrusting powerfully down. One beat, two beat. Their might having to compensate for the lack of instant current, and for the fact that my armor is weighting me down. It takes a moment to get skyborn, the speed of rising is aided by small size and training. Knifes along my primary’s flash against the patched sunlight. Mist swirls around me, gathering with a downstroke.

Sunlit wings hold me aloft; anger for this foolishness flashes, sparking behind the bottomless pools of my eyes. I can feel the beast of wrath coil and purr, its belly still hungry for more blood. More agony, at his expense. What many didn’t know, and what I myself hardly knew was that this beast was fought on a daily basis.

I didn’t linger for but a moment, staring down at the bully below. He deserved this. My magic pours from its inner spools, unwraveling to tug along earth’s plates. Pulling them to do my will, to do as I commanded. My soul calls upon an earthquake to shake his resolve and hopefully throw the inexperienced man to the ground. Beneath his hooves he might feel a tremble at first, a shake, and finally a violent rumble of earth that would send our battle field into spasms. In that small part of my awareness that wasn’t full submersed in magic, I realized that Africa hadn’t fled the area. She lingered near a rock formation, her body quivering from what I guessed was fright.

Round:: (2/4)

Word count:: 729

Magic/ Companion uses:: (1/2)

Buffs:: Endure + Swift

Summary:: Flies up and summons an earthquake to shake Crash up and hopefully throw him to the ground, if not at least make him stumble.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is satan still laughing? (Challenging//Crash) - by Midas - 04-04-2013, 11:40 AM