the Rift

Is satan still laughing? (Challenging//Crash)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The earth shook violently to the musical tune of nature; and guess who the orchestra master was for today’s viewing pleasure? Well…It certainly wasn’t our oversized bully that was swaying below. Earth’s pitching started to take on the likeness of waves bouncing through the ocean, little fissures were popping and cracking open.

Soil and grass shook apart, and the ground split right down the middle between where Africa was clinging and where the Gypsy now stood—trying vainly to brace against a shudder that was sure to make him collapse. I hadn’t meant for my clansister to feel the rocking of an earthquake, but such things are hard to control. Africa finally took to heaven, fleeing the scene. This was actually a boon for me, it was one less body to worry about should the unlikely happen and the tides turn in my enemy.

When our unicorn friend hit his knees I let the power wane with satisfaction, the golden spools slipped free of me and issued a firm reminder of just how heavy sheets of steel could be. Breath came just a little bit heavier, but so far not a single drop of sweat had emerged across my body. This just wasn’t a battle I felt challenged, the odds seemed overwhelmingly in favor of me. But, I knew better than to underestimate an opponent. Cowering wolves still bore sharp teeth, especially when backed into a tight corner. It took energy to produce an earthquake of forceful proportion, but seeing his disgruntled look made it all worth the price. Before he could recover, I plunged down, beating my wings hard and slicing left. Upon approach my body slides into a slight angle. The sword along my left wing juts out, aimed to slice smoothly down the patched man’s bent spine or across the left portion of his barrel.

While I was falling forward into my attack, a sudden screech fills the air--it rocked the bones in my body by how furious she sounds. This wasn’t just a Fina’s irritable 'shriek', it was hormonal, temperamental and thirsty for blood. My lips twist into a small smile as my little Phoenix comes into view from behind the Gypsy. She shoots toward us through the mist, her body a bright star of flame, fury and passion. No amount of smog can conceal a bird of fire; in fact the steamy mist seemed to flee from her and disappear. As I slice left, Fina angles to my foe's right, pushing for the right side his hopefully exposed barrel. Proudly I’m able to catch the faintest of glimpse as her talons stretch out to slice meat, and wings of heat beat with intent to sear his flesh into a mess of charcoal.

Round:: (3/4)

Word count::

Magic/ Companion uses:: (2/2)

Buffs:: Endure + Swift

Summary:: Lets the earthquake magic fade, lunges left while still flying. Aims to slice a path along Crash's barrel or spine with his armored wing blades. Fina, Midas's companion enters the scene--she aims for Crash's left side tries to sideswipe him with her talons and wings.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is satan still laughing? (Challenging//Crash) - by Midas - 04-07-2013, 09:47 PM