the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] ...What? [Time God/Open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

An almost painfully bitter expression painted her otherwise lovely features when he mentioned the sun god, and she snorted furiously. As if she needed another reason to despise the golden god any more than she already did. Ophelia's harsh expression shifted to him when his cutting statement reached her tulip ears, and she grit her teeth, hard. Did that statement even deserve a response? She did not think so, so she did not comment.

When he explained himself more clearly, using her angry words in a humorous way, she settled down a little more. Ophelia had a quick temper, and she loathed being surprised. However, she was still a creature of rationality, a creature of reason. The god deserved a chance to explain himself, just like everyone else, so she paused in her outrage and took a moment to try and listen. Not that listening soothed much of her rage, but at least it connected loose ends that had previously been hanging, taunting her logical mind.

His response to her mentioning that she had fought in a war and endangered the child's life and health only elicited a "huh, didn't think of that" to which Ophelia snorted angrily but continued to try and listen, jaw firmly clenched shut. She contained herself with a flash of her crimson and white tail, eyes intensely boring into his own. "I am done for now," she replied, the gentle tones of her voice harder, but definitely not quite as furious as before.

She watched a shock danced around his figure, wondering if he was angry at her now. Ophelia would have loved to tell him that he had no right to be angry, but instead she continued to hold her tongue. As he spoke, bolts of charged light emanated from his body, forming nearly a circle around him. His chiding of her choice to not remember, though she admitted she worded it rather childishly, was not foolish. She just had no way of explaining that in the middle of the rage that had consumed her. Even so, her emotions were in turmoil. Did he expect her to shrug this off? What would that make her if she did? Certainly not alive, vibrant, caring or... passionate.

The god strode closer, and Ophelia held her ground, pale face lifted proudly. Suddenly, the shock he had accumulated burst into the air and she inhaled deeply to smell the subtle and soft smell of a coming storm. She gave him a look that said that she was not overly impressed though she actually was, and finally, she let out a heavy sigh.

"One, if I see the god of the sun again, I will be sure to unleash my fury in the only way I know is effective against your kind - yelling. However, after his rather haughty dismissal of my presence entirely, I doubt I will get the pleasure," she almost growled, though her stunning tones of chimes made it softer than she intended. "Two, I would think that you would care a little more about a life you implanted in my body to keep a more watchful eye on my comings and goings, regardless of how time flows for you. The fact that you have shown you do not is upsetting, not because I think you care about me, but because I expect you to be responsible for your choices as well." Ophelia leveled him a stern stare but the tightness in her jaw finally loosened.

"Three, I will have you know that when I chose to be with you, I was not myself. I was a version of who I could have been without my entire past to mould me. Willingly I gave up my memories in exchange for power, but quickly seeing how being ignorant can hurt others, I returned early. At which point, your brother deigned it fitting to give me my power anyway and tell me he would never see me again." Ophelia tried not to remember how crushing that memory was, how hurt she still felt over his actions. And now, she had even more ammunition against him, but it seemed to backfire more into her rather volatile feelings.

"Choosing to not remember may make me ignorant of one moment, but the only creatures that forgetting hurts is you and me. And quite honestly, I am furious enough to be that petty. I am angry because you took advantage of me when I was naive and ignorant; I was not myself. Being the god of time, I hold you to that knowledge. I am angry because now, you seem to not care at all at the fact that you helped in creating a life that will need protection, care and nurturing that I assume I will be doing single handedly on top of trying to lead a band. I am angry because I had perhaps unrealistic expectations about childbirth, most likely born of the fact that my parents were joined at the hip, and those are now as cold as the snow beneath my hooves."

Ophelia let her final words slip from her lips purposefully before standing firmly, tall, refusing to let herself cry in his presence. He did not need another reason to think of mortals, to think of her, as being weak. She felt her heart beat slow in her chest as the fury escaped, leaving her tired, just... tired. "I am sorry for yelling," she said, grimacing a little and avoiding eye contact for the moment. "My anger is better directed at your brother, I think."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 03-30-2013, 01:04 PM
RE: ...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-02-2013, 12:36 PM
RE: ...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-03-2013, 06:47 PM
RE: ...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-04-2013, 01:01 PM
RE: ...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: ...What? [Time God/Open] - by Ophelia - 04-09-2013, 09:01 PM