the Rift

[OPEN] Means for Redwood Dreams

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

The sun was warm and the sky clear, a perfect morning having blossomed into a pleasant afternoon as the day progressed. Murdock found himself wandering the Foothills aimlessly, searching the dark forests and the wide fields for something to take his mind off his boredom. He called his little walk a 'patrol', feeling the need to justify his inactivity for his own peace of mind. A pleasant breeze swept across his coat as he approached a thin creek, slowing to a halt at its edge before bending to drink. He pawed at his reflection in the stream, sending a spray of cool water up his chest and obscuring his dark face in the silvery mirror. It had always puzzled him, just how exactly his face was in there, staring back up at him. Pondering it always proved fruitless, though, and before he could distract himself with thought the silvery sound of laughter met his ears.

He turned his head, emerald eyes coming to rest upon the golden and strawberry body of a young filly. She danced about recklessly, slender limbs carrying her effortlessly across the span of field. White dandelions were kicked up in her wake, their seeds drifting off toward the blue sky where they would be carried away with the wind. He smiled as he watched her, turning away from the stream curiously as she suddenly came to a halt. Her chin tipped up toward the hill, and he followed her gaze to the shadowy figure of a small horse.

He watched for a moment longer as the filly approached the black colt, before finally setting course for the hill with slight reluctance. The tall grass hissed against his legs as he walked, his wings spreading slightly to feel the tug of the breeze at his feathers. He wasn't particularly in the mood for socializing, but anything would be better than wandering aimlessly. Perhaps it was time he got to know other members of the Foothills anyways, as he had few friends and it would be good to recognize a few more faces.

He had always been awkward around children, worried they would be afraid of him or feel restricted by his presence. He dipped his head as he strolled toward them, his wings hanging loosely as he climbed the slight incline. He regarded them warmly with a bright smile, calling out a soft "hello," and halting several paces away so as to allow them some breathing room. He recognized neither child, though they both captured his interest; particularly the black colt. His markings were brilliant, exactly like the haunting stars on a misty night.

"Beautiful day," he commented quietly, casting his gaze up toward the mild skies and the snow-crowned mountains. He smiled at both children, studying the golden filly for a moment. She was almost familiar, though he couldn't quite place her looks. He had met her mother before, but it was unbeknownst to him that this 'Hotaru' was Phaedra's daughter. He nodded slightly to the girl before turning his attention back to the colt. "I'm Murdock. What's your name?" He asked pleasantly, inclining his head curiously. They were an odd trio, each of them so different though the Executioner was oblivious to the fact that he entertained the company of a demi-God.

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Means for Redwood Dreams - by Mesec - 03-30-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Means for Redwood Dreams - by Hotaru - 03-30-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Means for Redwood Dreams - by Murdock - 04-02-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Means for Redwood Dreams - by Mesec - 04-11-2013, 07:45 AM
RE: Means for Redwood Dreams - by Hotaru - 04-17-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: Means for Redwood Dreams - by Murdock - 04-18-2013, 11:08 PM