the Rift

[OPEN] Means for Redwood Dreams

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

Both children seemed slightly unsettled by his arrival, as if they felt deprived of their childish nature as a result of his presence. His green eyes were welcoming and kind, bearing no hint of judgement or disapproval as he looked at them both. Though it might not have been evident to the younger pair immediately, Murdock was an incredibly childish creature himself; he took great enjoyment in the simpler aspects of day to day life, and enjoyed games and senseless stories just as much as a young colt might.

Truthfully, he had never had friends or anything of the sort as a child. His mother had been his only companion after his father's death, though that hadn't seemed to impact his social life as an adult in any major way. Perhaps he was simply making up for lost time with all the socializing he had done in his time in this new land, desperately finding his way into a group so as to surround himself with others who might accept him and help him to finally feel at home.

He watched curiously with bright eyes as the pale filly sidled closer to the black youth, the one eye that was not hiding behind her forelock displaying subtle discomfort. He held his ground several paces away from them, dipping his head lower so as to be at their eye level. The girl's voice was strong and clear, though it reflected her insecurity and annoyance. His chin tipped toward her slightly, brows furrowing in confusion. Clearly he had upset her, given the tone of her voice, though his carefree nature prevented him from seeing the root of his mistake.

He had not intended to offend her, though in his carelessness a mistake had inevitably occurred. He smiled slightly, oblivious, attempting to make amends for his disregard in any way he could. Upon Hotaru's mention of Lakota, Murdock's ears perked in curiosity. He had only met the poisoner once, and though her bitter and cold nature toward him had left him feeling rather unwelcome amongst the Grey, he was thankful that she had allowed him to become a part of their family.

"I'm an Executioner," he stated rather abruptly, his head straightening up slightly to look at them both. In truth, he had done little to contribute to the herd since the invasion of the Foothills, but he was more than eager to receive an assignment. Back at home, there had never been an idle day, and though he enjoyed the rest, it could grow a little tiresome after a while. He caught Mesec's words about having come down from the Basin, and he tipped his head in question. "What about your parents? Did they come along?"

His attention was turned back toward the pale filly, listening to her delicate apology with compassion. He nodded his head to her, unsure of how to respond apart from offering her his kindness. Both foals were surprisingly mature for their age, and in a moment of sober thought Murdock couldn't help but envy them. He did not know their parents, nor their past, but he knew that their lives in a stable and growing herd such as the Foothills could only be profitable. He looked back toward Hotaru, not wanting to make her feel left out of the conversation now that she had stated her displeasure of such an act. "Who are your parents, then?"

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
Means for Redwood Dreams - by Mesec - 03-30-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Means for Redwood Dreams - by Hotaru - 03-30-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Means for Redwood Dreams - by Murdock - 04-02-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Means for Redwood Dreams - by Mesec - 04-11-2013, 07:45 AM
RE: Means for Redwood Dreams - by Hotaru - 04-17-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: Means for Redwood Dreams - by Murdock - 04-18-2013, 11:08 PM