Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

TARES
</style>
Do you wanna see how much I can take?   
Can't you just leave bad enough alone?
</style>

It is clear that Onni either has no recognition in me in the dark, or she is creating some sort of test. Paranoia induced by a lack of trust instilled by my mother and the depth of the woods brings fear and fire to my attacks. Each kick thrown forth is fueled by an untamable worry of Onni's intentions, or if she has any at all. The feather in my mane snaps and embers stir at the tips of my shoulders as my wings threaten to burst forth. My attacks miss Onni and I feel a sense of slight relief that I have not hurt my fellow herd mate, but her quick retaliation keeps the worry in my step and the anxiety in my widened eyes. She shifts suddenly to my left and my eyes roll back to reveal their whites. I step with weak hind legs to avoid the attack as swiftly as I can, but only manage to move some to my right, aided partially by Onni's strong wind which I can only assume was meant for Arbutus, before she makes contact.

With my body only barely balanced upon itself, I receive Onni's ram to the hindquarters and fall instantaneously. I land on all fours, feeling tired but still strong- the angle of my body as it related to hers made only for a weak attack, so despite sustaining it I felt surprisingly sturdy. I search for Arbutus in the dim, fearful for his condition, but have little time to call out for the phoenix before Onni is striking out again. He flies up from behind and there is a faint reflection of blood splashed across his dagger like talons. His flames flicker as he rises from her hindquarters, and in the split moment I have before reaches down to grab my cannons I understand his position. Once more I feel a sense of calm wash over me, for knowing that he is in good health is the most important at that moment.

Still, I cannot focus on him for long. There is a mad flurry of motion as I curl up my left leg and then kick out with cloven hooves, effectively placing the leg out of harm's way aiming to strike her face with my knee and her chest with my hoof. My head curls beneath and my jaws part with a spray of spittle and a wild, blinding curtain of my beard falling in between us. In the dark I can barely see the flashing of her teeth, but I cautiously draw back my right leg as my left one lifts to be certain, and then, forcing my strength to my hindquarters, ram forward. My teeth threaten to reach her neck and my horn, despite its short length, curves dangerously towards the underside of her nose. I feel Onni's bite, sharp and pinching, reach the base of my neck on my right, and cry out with a wild whinny in response, and jerk my head up unintentionally, increasing the threat to Onni. My knees struggle with the effort of the fight and my thighs ache and clench, but I stand firm and struggle to control the violent instinct to defend myself in the face of such a serious attack as Onni's bite. An injury to my leg could serve to cripple me if I am not careful, and in the darkness I am slowly forgetting the identity of my assailant.

[[ Tares shifts to the right slightly, taking advantage of the strength afforded by Onni's wind, and avoids the bulk of the ram attack, but returns to all fours as a result. She lifts up her left leg to kick out as Onni approaches and pulls back her right as much as she can while placing her weight on her hind legs. Her head curves down and she opens her mouth to avoid Onni's bite to the face. Onni's bite instead lands higher up at the base of her neck, and the pain causes Tares to lift her head suddenly, thus raising the aim of her own bite and bringing the horn closer to Onni's face. || WC: 575 || P: 2/3 || C/M-U: 1/2 || Note: My apologies for the screw up in my other post, I was tired and confusing her turning rear for an attack I think. All my fault though, you were quite clear. ]]

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
RE: you fell down, so get back up kid. [open] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 12:05 PM