the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fall of my Empire

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

TARES
</style>
Do you wanna see how much I can take?   Can't you just leave bad enough alone?
</style>

I am so old- so old and alone, abandoned by those that once loved me and left here by the center of the earth with little but an inclination to die. Alisier is for all intents and purposes dead; I may have fled the scene of the invasion with him by my side, but he has always been rather adept at finding his way away from me.

And since his parting, in a brilliant display of color and emotion, I have been alone save for my ever faithful Arbutus. Though his tears saved me from the invasion's injury over time, he is left now powerless over my pain. To some extent I am not surprised that this has come to pass; the capability to kill myself has always been prevalent. It is within everyone, I simply have chosen for it to take me over. It is easier, I think, to let the world pass you by and allow an impulse to control your life.

And what life has this been? Love, yes- I shan't forget it. But never was I offered the love of my children, and in time it seemed their mother's has faded just as well. And my own parents, what of them? Voltaic, dead, and Iris? One could only hope she'd met the same end.

I tremble at the heart's lip. My weak hocks, the pain I was born with, have only barely managed to bring me to this place. Soon I will fall- from weakness and strife, to my end. It would be so easy- as easy as letting my tail fall and sweep lines behind me in the ashen trail, as easy as closing my eyes as if to sleep. But he cries- will Arbutus ever stop crying?

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
Fall of my Empire - by Tares - 03-31-2013, 07:47 AM
RE: Fall of my Empire - by Prometheus - 03-31-2013, 08:08 AM
RE: Fall of my Empire - by Tares - 03-31-2013, 10:04 AM