the Rift

[PRIVATE] Live Beyond the Card [Elizabeth]

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth

The conversation I had started was growing to a heat debate. I chuckled at the hellhound when Crowley did, looking at the small growing horns in the little pup’s head. He was indeed like one of us, and I wondered if he was going to train him to think like us as well. His questions puzzled me at first, and then he got to the important stuff.

"Do you remember, when there was only a few of us left? You were supposed to lead us on bloody expeditions... And then you were stolen away. Why didn't you kick their asses?"

I look at him, not a glare, but just a stare. I sigh next, not really sure what my first answer should be. But I know I must answer what I can, and I can’t hide it forever. I know that I can trust Crowley, and for some reason, without my knowledge, he has gained my trust. I remember his appearance here when the gang of the Traitor Valentine and Deimos brought him home. He was interesting, she remembered, coming in with brindling marks, and the same color as her own body. He was a natural in the Plague, offering his services immediately. He has grown since I had last seen him. I know that now. I felt something for him. Something I had never felt before.

What is respect? No, no, it couldn’t be that. I felt that for Psyche and for Mauja, for my other brothers and sisters. He was my brother, and I respected him in some aspects, but it was not the same. It wasn’t hatred, for I had too much of that in my heart already, and I knew what that was like a billion times over. Well what was it then? I’ll think about it, but I answer his questions while I think. “I don’t remember much about the Basin, I’ll admit that, but I would say it looks quite comfortable for our herd, and perfect for our group. I see it hasn’t been taken over, so that’s a good sign. My welcome has been warm, of wish I had hoped, and I have taken back my position as Corporal with ease. However, I fear I have made some mistakes regarding my other warrior position. I suppose, according to our Bane, I am too “trusting”. But we need people, so I guess I should watch myself…”

I sigh again, and I look at him. He is handsome. The words appear in my eyes, and I try to speak and words catch in my throat. What did I just think? I’m at a loss, and I force myself to continue, hoping he didn’t notice my hesitance once more. “Yes Weaver, I remember. The Throat…what a hell is was. I…I wasn’t strong enough. There were too damn many of them. And Psyche was there. There was no way in hell I was leaving without her. But, in the end, I don’t know what happened. I ran in the wrong direction I guess, and I got lost. Then I ended up in an even worse place. There was a land full of hornless, and I killed some, but there were too many for me to handle, and they wouldn’t leave me alone. They were nice and kind, and even with me telling them to fuck off, they never did. Though I don’t think anyone really missed me much, did they?”

Words

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned

Messages In This Thread
Live Beyond the Card [Elizabeth] - by Crowley - 03-31-2013, 04:46 PM
RE: Live Beyond the Card [Elizabeth] - by Elizabeth - 04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: Live Beyond the Card [Elizabeth] - by Crowley - 04-02-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: Live Beyond the Card [Elizabeth] - by Elizabeth - 04-03-2013, 05:02 PM