the Rift

Ice & Snow

Snö Posts: 155
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

SNÖ</style>
  what did they aim for when they missed your heart?</style>

Her sire and dam were laureates, twins of virtue and momentousness, even with the exigency gifted to them of purging the unpropitious world of Helovia and its menial inhabitants. Together, the coupling was unstoppable, pertinacious, resolute against those beneath them who tried so acrimoniously to dethrone them. Was it any wonder to see of Snö's powerful drive to strength and fortitude, to tenacity and robustness? Her father, her mother, were the immortals of mortals, their images to be forever carried by those who devoted themselves to the Plague, pledged their allegiance with those who believed themselves to be superior, with any not bearing the crown of unicorns upon their brows to be inferiors. They were the strongest of mates, so admired in their followers' eyes, and yet Snö was so frequently overlooked, forgotten, carrying herself doggedly through dust and dirt, trudging along with the others. Yes, the curves of her body were still sharp and ungainly, but they were filling in. Would she be rewarded, when she entered the true first years of adulthood, with positions gifted to the older horses, knowing of her royal lineage? Snö had no quarrel with working towards a goal, proving herself, but she hungered to know if her resolution was to go somewhere, if one day she might be lifted to general, Mauja's right-hand daughter. What if it were to go to Tamlin, or the likes of him? No, even the thought of it was unbearable, a stinging ache in her heart. Was it this idea that drove Snö to question him, ask of his pride and belief in her body? While voluptuous and curvaceous in her youth's way, she was young.

Ardent, purposeful, ambitious, aggressive, desirous, determined; all of these words fitted her ideal, the goal she strove towards. I'll make sure we do. The words eased Snö, her passions and desires. Nonchalancy replaced the flickering flames, for the moment. "I'm glad to hear that," the daughter of the King answered as she was due, but she did not vocalize the want to rise. Not again. Had she not already displayed her drive, and she had only be slightly... well... reprimanded, advised- whatever it was- that love was the way to go? Love. It was hard to imagine that. Had she ever loved? She didn't think so, not really. Monster, maybe. If she could have, maybe one day she would've borne him a child. Mostly, it had been friendship. She had cherished their moments together, their playing and games, their smiles and their secrets, the moment he had fallen over his rope, rolling through the herdmates as they had met at the Edge, leaving her laughing softly inside. Thais made me laugh when others could not. Teeth pulling at her forelock send her back into reality, inside the ghost-like memories of her family far, far, away, and she shuddered slightly as she was pulled to the surface, and then she smiled slightly, more a twitch of the mouth, as her father spoke to her. Who wouldn't want him to be King, she wondered? Surely her mother could not complain to it, knowing he ruled alongside her peacefully. In fact... if Mauja wanted to, he could probably overturn her and the herd would remain at its stately peacefulness, with a smile on their faces. There was nothing wrong with that.

Always.

A small amount of warmth ignited in her chest. Almost startled, Snö blinked, and for the briefest of split seconds she glanced downwards, before lifting her eyes up. What was this feeling, this warmth she had not felt since Thais had disappeared, a ghost in the mist? She couldn't name it, and was uncertain if she should be repulsed by it. Ah, little Snö. Which path would she choose to follow, Psyche's coldness (albeit, turning warmer), or Mauja's love? Thrown off-guard by it, she hovered uncertainly, unknowing of what to speak of next or even where to go next. "Uh..." She trailed off, dumbstruck. "Father, will you fight with me? For a quest, sort of... and I wouldn't mind it. I may be phantom, but its just because there aren't a lot of them. I still want to be a fighter." Why did the words sound so hideously fake in her mouth, so plastic? "I'm questing for ice magic. Like you, except different." Snö finished lamely, looking down at the ground. "Or we could talk for a bit more... if you want."

[[ Sorry the top of this is so stiff and awkward x) It was hard to kick off this post! ]]

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Ice & Snow - by Mauja - 04-01-2013, 06:33 AM
RE: Ice & Snow - by Snö - 04-01-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: Ice & Snow - by Mauja - 04-04-2013, 06:36 AM
RE: Ice & Snow - by Snö - 04-04-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: Ice & Snow - by Mauja - 04-06-2013, 06:46 AM
RE: Ice & Snow - by Snö - 04-07-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: Ice & Snow - by Mauja - 04-13-2013, 05:17 AM