the Rift

[OPEN] Blood Stains on the Snow [Snö, Open]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

The girl's rage slowly quieted, anger seeping from her pale eyes as if swept away with the wind. The cool, crisp air of the north always cleared his mind, but he suspected something different was the root and cause of her sudden change of heart. He frowned slightly, brow creasing in aggravation as she demanded he leave. Her delicate head was tucked low to her body, a finely crafted ice blue horn aimed straight for his broad chest. The muscles in his neck tensed in irritation as he watched her, remaining silent for the time. She could not simply order him away. The Steppe was neutral, and neither she nor the Basin, as he suspected that to be her home, had any claim over it.

He was about to open his mouth to protest, but as the heat of her gaze cooled, he found no need. For a moment they stood in silence while he simply watched her, pondering the darkness of her heart and her motives. What had lead her to become so bitter? The sudden change that had overcome her was simply too confusing, and for a moment he almost pitied her. He had little time to consider this however, as a dark and familiar shadow worked its way toward them.

He turned his head toward the dark mare, unable to hide the bright grin that spread across his face. So, the plot thickens... he thought with an amused smirk, watching as Chernobyl stepped up beside him. Her dark crown was lowered in silent warning, her brutal weapon pointing toward the pale youth threateningly. He was thrilled to see her, and honestly she could not have made her entrance at a more convenient time. However, he would refrain from voicing his excitement in the presence of this little stranger.

The young mare spun around, fury igniting in her dangerous eyes once more as she caught sight of the 'intruder'. Clearly the pair had met before and, from their current interaction, mustn't have got on too well. However, Murdock couldn't help but worry how this confrontation would hurt Chernobyl's status in the Basin. Would the nameless mare return to her superiors with news of this meeting? If it meant protecting his friend's reputation in her herd, he would have willingly subjected himself to her attack, if it would prove her loyalty and keep the child's mouth shut.

He remained silent with the dark mare at his side, waiting in silence as the young girl seemed to weigh her options. Finally, her pale head dipped slightly, icy eyes fixing him with a venomous glare as a bitter apology rolled from her tongue. He nodded slightly as she excused herself, feeling nothing but a cool numbness in his heart. Despite the fact that she had attacked him, he did not hold it against her; he simply couldn't. He watched quietly as she took her leave, the tenseness in his body finally melting away as she disappeared into the swarm of falling snowflakes.

A bright grin worked its way back onto his lips, and slowly he turned toward Chernobyl. His muzzle reached out to brush softly against her cheek, his breath misting across her neck in the frigid air. "Perfect timing," he laughed slightly, shaking his damp forelock out of his eyes. The harsh wind drove frozen snowflakes into his sides, a light dusting of snow settling across his wings and back. The storm's intensity had only increased as the front moved in overhead, and the white-out brought with it a comforting sense of isolation. "I suppose I should call you my 'knight in shining armour' then, hmm?" He nudged her shoulder teasingly, "You saved me from the dragon."

"talk talk talk"

Wind me up, put me down
Start me off and watch me go

Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blood Stains on the Snow [Snö, Open] - by Murdock - 04-08-2013, 08:05 PM