the Rift

[OPEN] Brick by Brick

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

He was a whole lot less arrogant than some unicorns, at least. Still, it would have been hard to see the disheveled crafter as "arrogant" anyway. Aryel looked up as a shadow slid over the sand, watching as a hybrid she recognized as Hector landed. She grinned as he saluted her, amused at how a horse that positively dwarfed her would give her such respect. "No need for such formalities." she assured him. "Off-duty, it's just 'Aryel'." Not that they had seen much action since the Foothills raid. Nowadays, patrolling tended to make up the bulk of her on-duty work. A...a something had also arrived with him, and she sidled away from it, Java watching both it and the bird suspiciously.

She turned back to Coris as she spoke again. So he needed more ore? Her brow furrowed as she tried to recall any earth-workers in the herd. Her friend Levi could control sand, but he was recovering from a fight anyway. Her own flame magic was really quite useless in this situaton. Then, an idea struck her. "There's a gully not far from here," she said, "that still gets a trickle of water now and then. I sometimes see lumps of rock that could be ore in there, and the soil is usually pretty soft anyway. If we could figure out a way to bring it back aside from carrying it in our mouths, it wouldn't be too much trouble to dig some out." She didn't fancy pawing at the earth under the hot sun, but if Coris required their help, she would give it.

As he mention his injured leg, she looked at it quizzically. She couldn't see any surface wounds, but he did seem to move stiffly, as if it pained him. She chuckled as he cautioned them against digging as well. "I may be short, but I think I can handle some digging around in the dirt." Her spars had shaved off most excess fat and replaced it with muscle, and Hector was no doubt even stronger than her. "The question is how to move the ore once we've got it."

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
Brick by Brick - by Coris - 04-02-2013, 12:48 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Aryel - 04-02-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Hector - 04-03-2013, 04:22 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Coris - 04-15-2013, 12:15 PM
RE: Brick by Brick - by Aryel - 04-18-2013, 06:14 PM