the Rift

[PRIVATE] playin' our video games, xanthos

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 51590bd1d785d]

Adele & Vera

Adele was sure she had seen many strange creatures in her lifetime, like Loki, for example, but she had never seen one as strange as this being. Upon his forehead he was adorned with a horn, and his tail was long, hair only sprouting from the very end of it. His body was coated a dun color, and by his side prowled a spotted cat-like thing.

Distracted by the new sights of the strangers, Adele could only stare with wondrous blue and orange eyes. She sought every corner of mind to place a name to this spotted cat, but only found a lingering sense of something that resembled the word 'cheater.'

'What is that spotted cat thing called, Vera? It's so strange...'

'Ha! You call him strange, but upon your neck sprouts fire and your body is half blue. I do not think the cheetah is the strange one.'

Adele quickly abandoned the conversation at that. The mare turned her attention back to the horned stallion who called himself Xanthos while Vera landed softly upon the ground, chirping in a friendly way to the ever curious Azel. Her pale nose reaches out to the fellow companion, eyes bright with happiness as she takes note of the smell that lingered upon his coat. It was one unlike Adele and Vera had ever known before, but it was sweet and salty. Something the dragon could no doubt get used to.

The blue and red mare smiles at Xanthos as he talks, for he had been nothing but nice to her. He seemed like someone Adele could no doubt trust. "It's fine. My name is Adele, and this little white dragon is Vera," the mare says with a flick of her magical tail of fire. "It is beautiful here, though I've never actually had the pleasure of walking upon these grasses. Well, as far as I know I haven't," Adele stutters upon her words, brow furrowed in thought as she moves her head to look upon the horizon.

She had no access to her memories, or what was left of them. As far as she knew, this land was alien to her. "I had an accident not too long ago. Vera and I lost our memories, so I'm too sure if I've ever been here or not," Adele sighs, turning back to face Xanthos. "Though I'd hate to ruin a happy moment with my sour tales," the mare makes a weak attempt at a smile, though her orbs still shine with a sense of exuberance.

Adele's gaze shifts to Vera and Azel, looking at the pair with an odd feeling of jealousy. Vera was so much better at getting along with horses than she was. "Vera likes your little friend," Adele murmurs, still watching the pair. "Tell me, Xanthos, if you'd like to answer that is, where do you come from in this land?" Adele asked tentatively. He didn't carry the smell of fresh spring or thick trees with him, so it made the mare doubt he lived in the Foothills. But maybe, just maybe, he could point her in the right direction.

talk talk talk

Messages In This Thread
playin' our video games, xanthos - by Adele - 04-02-2013, 04:03 PM
RE: playin' our video games, xanthos - by Xanthos - 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: playin' our video games, xanthos - by Adele - 04-05-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: playin' our video games, xanthos - by Xanthos - 04-11-2013, 04:48 AM