the Rift

[PRIVATE] playin' our video games, xanthos

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
SOMETIMES YOU'VE GOT TO LOSE EVERYTHING
TO FIND OUT THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN RUNNING BLIND

As I approached, I couldn't help but notice the look of wonder that crossed the mare's face. It reminded me very much of how my dearest daughter often looked upon me, ever so curious as to why we held horns upon our head. Due to the surprising lack of unicorns living in the World's Edge, she always thought that hers might fall off and she would be like everybody else. With a smile on my face, I would always reassure her that it was hers to keep, and simply be mindful of the growing point whenever she was around the others.

However, the stranger's eyes seemed to linger upon my spotted compatriot, but I knew that he would not mind the looks. Azel loved attention, and he often did plenty of staring himself. He was weird.

The mare turned her gaze back to me and offered a smile, to which I happily returned one of my own. She called herself Adele, and her pale dragoness was named Vera. She explained that this was her first time venturing into this heavenly field of lush grass and flowers, but then, she added a most curious bit of information; she did not recall having ever stepped here before. I was prone to being forgetful at times, as I supposed most were, but the way she knit her brows together perked my interest in her story. She went on to explain, telling me of a story she seemed hesitant to touch upon.

In an instant, I found that I could not blame Adele for wanting to push the topic away and go to something else. My beloved Romani had suffered something similar, but luckily, she had regained what I could hope were all of her memories. In my rush to get her away from the war in the Foothills, and to the safety of the World's Edge so that she may give life to our daughter, I had not yet sought answers as to the reason behind her amnesia. Even now I found myself short of time, watching Jasiri while Romani patrolled the borders, as well as our young feline counterparts. I had not even bestowed the blue jay feather upon her since I had retrieved it two seasons ago.

"You're quite alright," I tried to reassure the mare, flashing her a gentle smile as she sighed, "Please, I would be more than happy to hear of your tale. Perhaps I can help." Although I doubted I could, I was always up for helping another out, be they stranger or friend, and I wouldn't deny Adele the same extension of my help.

She speaks of our bonded counterparts, then, and as I turn my head to gaze upon the pair, I couldn't help but chuckle. Azel had stepped closer to the dragoness, stretching his neck outward to touch his nose to Vera's, whiskers twitching as he drew her scent in. It smelled of the wilds, so different than his own coat which must wreak of salt and pine. With a sudden perk of his ears and a twitch of his muscles, Azel leapt forward in a playful manner at Vera, striking out and batting harmlessly at her wings. I admire their youthful exuberance.

Finally I pull my gaze away from the pair, and return it to Adele. "And Azel likes her," I say in reply, but then quiet when the mare of fire proffers her own question. Fond thoughts of my new home instantly fill my mind, and I am more than happy to indulge in an answer. "The World's Edge, which lies southwest from here along the cliffs. It is led by Mirage, the Dragonheart." I pause for a moment, quirking a brow in genuine curiosity at my last words. I hope I do not come off as rude as I speak them. "Do you recall ever hearing of it?"

Messages In This Thread
playin' our video games, xanthos - by Adele - 04-02-2013, 04:03 PM
RE: playin' our video games, xanthos - by Xanthos - 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: playin' our video games, xanthos - by Adele - 04-05-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: playin' our video games, xanthos - by Xanthos - 04-11-2013, 04:48 AM