the Rift

Elegance Remains [Open]

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
||ADALAIDE||
shades of jaded shadows

There's a difference in the forest today, but it is not a fallen log. It is me. I walk with a sense of elegance, but I am not gaited. I am not thick and too muscular, but rather slender and quick on my feet. Stocky would be the slight opposite of my figure. It is not what I've been trained to be. Only fast and agile, ready to bolt at the slightest hint of my death and ready to allow my rider a quick shot. I have muscle, but I am lightweight.

But there are no riders here and that does not mean I have been trained to be a coward. I am anything but a coward for I have witnessed many wars and have even sought in my daydreams to carry a rider into one. But alas, that day never came. I have witnessed hardships but I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the most hardened equine out there.

Fires, blizzards, a lot of death. Actually, that, is how I find my lone self here. I am alone, but I've always been alone. I've always been the quiet type, the one that stands in the corner. I've always been the aggressive and violent one that just so happens to come out when I am not in my best of moods. I've never been one to be afraid to speak my mind, and usually have a loud voice and get my point across when I do so. However, sometimes I am happy to go my own way.

That's how I found myself where I am. Stumbling into this world, smelling of burning wood. The pasture had caught on fire, and had it not been for the new family's lack of knowledge about my jumping abilities, I might be a burning corpse right now. But I jumped and I ran. Running to the point where I longer found the desire to return. A flash occurred and now my hooves had sunk into new earth full of new and more purer smells. My lungs had longed for clean air with no smoke and here they found it, better than ever.

Here I am! Alas, I know nothing of my location. I know nothing of this new place. The dangers may or may not be commensurate of my old world. Best to stop trying to apply it to this. There may not even be any inhabitants here. Just this plant life. I'm hearing the rustling leaves of the wind blowing against the trees but no other sign of beings besides the occasional songbird.

Then, I hear it. It's there and it's not me. It's not my mind and I'm not insane! A twig snap of a heavy hoof. Not like that of a deer, but of that of a heavy being about equal to my size. Possibly bigger, possibly smaller. My instincts were fresh and my body instantly jolted in the opposite direction of the sound, but I whirred around and faced the intruder.

However, it appeared as though my mind had tricked me. It had deceived me once more. As I looked, it was just a large rock that had fallen with a thud and cracked the rock. I looked up to try and get a peak of the sky, noticing it was dusk. I had to get out of this forest and somewhere safe. I had no knowledge of this place. I had no knowledge of its possible inhabitants or the dangers that looked.

Finally putting my racing mind to rest, I began to walk again. My ears twitched at every sound and my eyes observed every moving thing.

Messages In This Thread
Elegance Remains [Open] - by Adalaide - 04-04-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Cythraul - 04-05-2013, 01:07 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Adalaide - 04-05-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Cythraul - 04-06-2013, 11:59 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Adalaide - 04-07-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Cythraul - 04-08-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Adalaide - 04-10-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Elegance Remains [Open] - by Cythraul - 04-16-2013, 04:47 PM