the Rift

[OPEN] Golden Whispers in the Wind{Ktu/Phi, OPEN}

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Oh, dear. My humor had not been met kindly. She was highly lacking in trust, this cousin of mine. What had hurt her to make her thus, I wonder. A blue roan approached then and was impossibly rude to one whom she knew nothing about. I had been so naive in assuming that simply because I was blood to this mare that she'd be interested in meeting me or befriending me. Did family really mean so little in the real world? I'd dreamed about meeting Kulu and Ophelia as a foal, all holed up in his home of molten lava and bickering gods. Father Earth had been kind of course, but the only outside contact he'd had had been with his mother and her stories of meeting her older sister and about the twin fillies who were just his age. Those fillies who were so free while I was stuck inside. There were others I longed to meet of course, but how sad that I'd met some of my family only to learn of their cold hearts.

This was not what I had been expecting. This Ktulu was so...so harsh. She seemed to be not too interested in me at all. I was nothing. My bright blue eyes swirl darker as a heave a great sigh. "Hmm, my purpose. Well, I came here because I was raised in a rather...sheltered...environment. I was away from my mother from my very first day upon this land. I have never met or known any of my other family except for brief visits with my mother. I came here because this was the last place I knew as being associated with my family. I came to meet you, cousin, for I remember stories of you and your sister Ophelia from my mother Enheduanna, your own mother's sister." and I begin to slowly back away, readying to take flight. "Though I see I'm not wanted here either, so farewell dear cousin. I am sorrowful I was not able to learn to know you as Sister, though you may count on it that I shall not bother you again, dear Ktulu."

My eyes stare deeply into hers for several heartbeats. While I am sad that I could not be her family, I will not disown her for her childish hate. I dip my head and bunch my muscles, readying to take to the air, and fly away, never to be seen again.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Golden Whispers in the Wind{Ktu/Phi, OPEN} - by Eios - 04-05-2013, 04:25 AM
RE: Golden Whispers in the Wind{Ktu/Phi, OPEN} - by Eios - 04-06-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Golden Whispers in the Wind{Ktu/Phi, OPEN} - by Eios - 04-09-2013, 10:30 PM