the Rift

[OPEN] On my own

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

The scarlet rain. What had it meant? No sooner had she found her friend and fellow Sergeant Levi alive and well did it begin to rain red, spattering the ground near the oasis with crimson. Even more frightening had been the acrid, metallic taste of the rain. Blood. She suppressed a shiver at the thought. Was it an omen of some sort, of terrible things to come? Whatever happened, she needed to steel herself and do what was necessary to protect the Throat. That had become her maxim. Whatever happened, the Dragon's Throat was her responsibility.

It had taken days and countless baths in sand and the sea to get the stains out of her coat. The oasis no longer looked red-tinted, but the water still had an unpleasant taste. She had yet to see Kri anywhere, and it worried her. The brown mare had been a role model for Aryel since she joined the herd, and her loyalty was unwavering. She would know what to do.

If only Aryel could find her.

What she did find, however, was a young black filly that she had feared she would never see again. She went stock-still, taking in the sight of Lana and a grey mare she did not recognize. Lana. Lana was free. She was home! With a delighted whinny, she kicked up her heels and galloped towards the two. "Lana, you're okay!" she laughed, slowing to a trot to approach the filly and curving her neck over Lana's in a brief equine hug. Stepping backs, she beamed at the mare. "How'd you get out?" She was interrupted when a large flying fox jumped from his perch on her neck and fluttered over to Lana, hovering in front of her nose for a few seconds to lick her muzzle with his pink tongue, then land on her withers. Java did not know the mare well, but what he could glean from Aryel's mind was that she was a dear friend. He liked the soft-spoken filly anyway.

It was then that Aryel seemed to notice the unknown mare, and turned to face her, clearing her throat in a slightly embarrassed manner. "I apologize for not introducing myself." she said, grinning. "I'm Aryel, Sergeant of the Dragon's Throat. I don't think I've seen you around before. Are you a new herd member?"

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
On my own - by Lana - 04-05-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: On my own - by Africa - 04-05-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: On my own - by Aryel - 04-06-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: On my own - by Kri - 04-06-2013, 03:17 PM
RE: On my own - by Africa - 04-06-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: On my own - by Levi - 04-07-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: On my own - by Lana - 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: On my own - by Aryel - 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM
RE: On my own - by Kri - 04-07-2013, 06:21 PM
RE: On my own - by Africa - 04-07-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: On my own - by Note - 04-07-2013, 10:45 PM