the Rift

[OPEN] On my own

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Africa? She committed the name to memory, linking it with the grey mare. She found it good to know the names of as many herd horses as she could. "Welcome, then." she said, the joy from Lana's return bubbling up into a warm grin. Before she could speak further, the sand beneath their hooves was whipped up by gusts of wind, heralding the arrival of their commander. Kri was here. Anxiety rose in the roan's chest, anxious to tell her about the Basin and the red rain. Before she could greet her, though, Kri seemed to be shaken by her previous words, and her normally stern but fair gaze became infinitely more hostile. Aryel almost flinched away, having forgotten how intimidating Kri's glare could be when it was directed at her. At her almost accusing tone, panic prickled her neck. Kri didn't honestly think she would have purposely withheld something like that?! Lana's tearful explanation helped, but she needed to speak herself. "Lana was being held as a prisoner in the Aurora Basin, as is Athena." she tried to explain, tail lashing as the familiar anger rose within her. "I only recently found out, I swear. I saw her near the border and joined her, but then this unicorn with freakish glass horns showed up and tried to scare me out. And then another one, a mare." she shuddered involuntarily. "She had some sort of fog around her, and it just...suddenly I couldn't even control my own limbs. And then the bay challenged me to a fight, so we went at it," Here she sighed, looking away. "and I was defeated. I've been meaning to put together a group of soldiers to retrieve them, and I needed to find you to ask permission." The fact that Lana was back safe was great, but if Athena was still there, they needed to help her as quickly as possible.

Recalling the rain, she leaned in closer to Kri and spoke in a conspiratorial whisper. "And Commander, there's something else Levi and I need to tell you. Once they're gone." Why create pandemonium with the news of the blood that had fallen from the sky? Better to keep it under wraps until they knew what to do.

A shout drew her attention to the grullo stallion thundering towards them. She stepped aside to allow Lana to gallop towards him, and watched as she and Levi had their tearful reunion. She wanted to slip a wing over her upset friend, but felt that the two needed a moment together. She was aware of the bond between Levi and Lana, and respected it. But finally, her curiosity got the better of her. "Lana, how'd you escape?"

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com
Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
On my own - by Lana - 04-05-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: On my own - by Africa - 04-05-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: On my own - by Aryel - 04-06-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: On my own - by Kri - 04-06-2013, 03:17 PM
RE: On my own - by Africa - 04-06-2013, 10:18 PM
RE: On my own - by Levi - 04-07-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: On my own - by Lana - 04-07-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: On my own - by Aryel - 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM
RE: On my own - by Kri - 04-07-2013, 06:21 PM
RE: On my own - by Africa - 04-07-2013, 08:07 PM
RE: On my own - by Note - 04-07-2013, 10:45 PM