the Rift

[OPEN] You think this is funny? (Cera, Open)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
This place wasn’t home, that much was obvious. It was fresh smelling, vibrantly colored, alive—and disgusting in every way possible. But, it did look similar to my country in manner of shape; unfortunately configuration is where the similarities stopped. Small things such as dirt seemed enriched, the soil was filled with plant existence. I stared at the greenish grass below with growing distaste, why did it grow green? Why not grey? Picture a land without a green thing sprouting, a land burnt by volcanic ash and shaped by hardened lava as far as your eyes can see.

Weeds even turned up their cuticles at the thought of growing, the only thing that was able to take root was bitter tasting plasma turnips. The staple food for the citizens of my land was roots and turnips; one would image that starvation was a constant threat. But malnourishment was often the least of things that caused worry for citizens of ‘Aioleh’--our numbers were scattered across the territories, driven apart by the giant dragons that plagued the area.

Right, not that any of those dragons mattered right now. Because I wasn’t in Aioleh, I was here. Where exactly was here?

Why did my heart pound like a steel hammer? I started walking toward the center of this vast field, cautiously gazing around, body tense and ready for this illusion to vanish at any moment. No heavenly Pegasus descended to welcome its brother with arms open, and no demon from the pits of hell arose to punish me for past transgressions. The sun was just starting to peek over the eastern horizon, its color was surprising--instead of white it was. Bright gold?

Aioleh had two sun’s that were much larger than this one and both giving off pale white light. I stared into the sun’s wrath until my eyes could stand the burn no more. Squinting I turned away to scrutinize the dark timbers surrounding this meadow, past said trees I could make out the jagged outline of mountains. Mountains that didn’t smoke or burn?

I don’t know how long I stood by, just staring.

A sound, the sound of earth shifting. Someone was coming, I could feel each step they took with the soft vibrations of said soil. My cranium shifted toward the noise, stiffly staring out as a creamy patched yearling emerged from a distance haze and pranced into sight. My wings had remained out this entire time, drawing warmth from sunlight. Feathers closed now, the muscles pulling each tendon tightly along my scarred barrel. A frown was etched permanently across my muzzle, it only deepened as the cherub came closer.

The thin midget didn’t come alone, a strange bird engulfed in flames trailed above him at a safe distance, its beak wide with a screech that was loud enough to wake the deceased. Another pet traveled on his shoulders, sticking out like a sore thumb. Were these creatures his servants? I watched quietly, gauging this strange Pegasus child until he started to speak.

"Dad! What are you doing out here?" He ran to me as if I was a familiar friend. Feeling threatened by this, my shoulders grew tense and I snarled at his proffered muzzle offensively, "Daddy? Where'd you get all those scars? They weren't there before. And what's wrong with Fina?" My lips curling back to reveal yellow ivory’s while voice hissed, “Show some respect to your ranked warrior’s youngling—and I’m not your bastard father.”

Since we were closer I could give him a once over more properly, a scar flourished across his soft chest. Despite the scar, his creamy body didn’t appear to have worked a single day; he still looked attached to mothers milk tit by how softly those eyes glowed, “Tell me quickly now, were am I?” He could run, but I could run faster, he could fly, but I would fly faster,"and don’t harbor the idea of dashing off, it would be unwise—just answer my questions….and you will be free to go.” I offer him a smile, though it comes out more like a sneer.

[EVIL TWIN]

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
You think this is funny? (Cera, Open) - by Midas - 04-05-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: You think this is funny? (Cera, Open) - by Midas - 04-06-2013, 10:21 AM