the Rift

Cultural Shock [The Grey]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

The spotted feline seemed to poner our words seriously, a sign that Apollo took was good. Perhaps she would take them up on their offer, and in turn, join their family. The stallion's honeyed orbs remained locked on the cat's, watching as she battled with herself and her instincts, but in the end it seemed that reason overthrew evolution. She slunk up to them from her hiding place, a curious look crossing her maw, and then came the question.

'... Who is the Grey?'

Unwillingly, a soft, gentle chuckle escaped the deep confines of his breast. Who, indeed? Apollo could recall vividly when he had asked that very question, to Phaedra, of all people. It had been when he had first stepped foot in the Threshold of Helovia, wandering, lost and confused and as vulnerable as a newborn... While their relationshp back then had been strictly platonic, Apollo was glad that Phaedra had stumbled upon him when she did. While the winged mare may not know it, she had given the black and white stallion exactly what he had yearned for years; a family.

Apollo's dark ears swiveled forward as Circe went on to explain just who the Grey were, his head lifting with pride at the notion. And why shouldn't he feel pride that he was a part of such an amazing family? They watched each others backs, and while sometimes Apollo didn't agree with the more 'forceful' approach they were willing to take, it didn't stop him from standing beside his brothers and sisters in arms. He was devoted to him, just as grass was devoted on water and sunlight to grow.

"Oh, yes," Apollo said, snapping out of his reverie when Circe trailed off, inquiring about the herds that lay scattered across Helovia, "The Dragon's Throat, while I haven't been there myself, is as Circe describes. It is full of warriors, but they are respectful indivduals." The horned stag thought briefly of his good friend, Midas, who served as the Dragon's Throat General. "Then there is the World's Edge, to the west. They are a family of welcoming individuals, who would readily have you should you choose to join their ranks... And then, there's the Basin, but few who do not wear horns upon their brow are welcomed there. I would advise you remaining far from there unless you're looking for a scuffle."

The Earth Medic grew silent then, allowing Circe to continue with most of the speaking. The stallion hoped that this leopard would join them. Especially since she already said that she would, well... A smile upturned the corners of his lips, head tilting slightly with genuine interest as he waited to hear the feline's name.

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-06-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Apollo - 04-06-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-06-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Apollo - 04-09-2013, 08:22 AM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-09-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM