the Rift

Cultural Shock [The Grey]

Donai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

DONAI

The Leopard

Immediately I could feel how this kingdom worked and what part these animals played in it, this is a land of alliances and deception. A little like my old kingdom where territories were ruled by cats of the largest kind: thick, muscular, giant cats of tawny brown color spouting long, wooly manes covering their necks down to their chest. Cats far larger, faster, and stronger than I. Dwindling over the image of the beasts my thoughts ran back to the very king who’d given me the painful cuts going down my left eye, and for a moment those cuts seemed to burn like they had the day that ruthless brute brought his unforgiving hand upon my face. I squinted briefly as the memory threatened to tear a hole in my soul.
The wound is benign now, closed up with chunks of dried blood and dead fur lingering on the exposed healing skin which left a furless mark on my face. I only really notice it when see my reflection in the water as I go to drink, that monster had come so close to removing my eye I’d say it was a fair bit of luck that he didn’t. But I didn’t feel sorry for myself over a little cut, frankly I feel happy to be alive.

The Grey are a band of mercenaries, if I recall the term ‘mercenaries’ correctly a gang or family that make a living off of killing others. They live by their own code, the creed they wanted me to sign over to, they would accept no one but family and I would have to be that family. Highly unusual for a solitary hunter such as myself.
I picked out the female’s careful choice of words, the brief pauses in her tone as she tried to pull me into her vortex with gentle force but still giving me room to flee if I needed to, I appreciated this about her. Both of them seemed gentle towards me, both of them spoke of other families, different areas where more of these stone-feet gathered. Giving me the clear option that if this wasn’t the right place for me I was more than welcome to ‘get lost’ but they probably would view me as an enemy if that was my desired path. The male’s voice reassured me, his calm and cool words deluding my fears. ’It’ll be ok’ I told myself. With that I reached down to scoop up the rotting bird in my teeth, hell ya I’m taking this with me! The thoughts of my scar pestered me now. Maybe if I would’ve had family like this long ago this disaster would not have happened, strength in numbers. Wead da ray!” I answered with a mouth full of bird and an enthusiastic smile.

“Tell me, sher cat; do you have a name?”

I stood at their foot sides, for a moment looking down at the males thick, stone hard plated hooves. They reminded me of zebra only larger, relatives perhaps? I snapped back from my day dreaming to answer the female, of which I was forced to hold the bird in my fore paw cradling it against my chest so they could understand me. Donai, I am Donai.” I thought to ask what they were but I didn’t want to offend either of them, they viewed me as an equal I decided to follow their example. They are not “food” they are not “things”, they are friends.

Messages In This Thread
Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-06-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-06-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Apollo - 04-06-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-06-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-07-2013, 12:07 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Apollo - 04-09-2013, 08:22 AM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-09-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Circe - 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Apollo - 04-11-2013, 04:16 AM
RE: Cultural Shock [The Grey] - by Donai - 04-14-2013, 07:11 PM