the Rift

Where have you fallen to, little bird? [open]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
They seemed as startled to see her and she was of them. Well, perhaps more. One white-edged ear twitched, tilting back, as one of the wolves growled at her. It was answered by a warning hiss from the dragon above her, before the blue dropped from his perch to her haunches. He was smaller than even the smallest members of the pack, but the smoke that trickled from his jaws warned of his superior skills. But the tension eases after she speaks, and the hybrid's dismissive words almost had her laughing.

"Forgive me for not believing you, Wolf-Brother. But Zaffre has been watching you long enough that I know you limp and your leg is sorely wounded. It looks an old wound, unlikely to heal further without someone tending to it. As it is, I've been healer to two herdlands and have a good grasp at herb lore." Her voice was mild, amused, as she watched him. "Its not like I'm asking anything of you in return."

Her observant eyes caught the movement of one of the wolves, turning to look off in another direction, and she turned even as the stallion did. There was a young mare then, who spoke the name of the hybrid in recognition. Smoke, in turn, recognized her. At least her lineage. It was hard not to see her dam and granddam in her pale coloring and build, her sire in the crimson that tipped mane and tail. A gentle smile crossed her features. "One of Paladin and Solstice's daughters." She said quietly, observantly. Osiris conveniently had named her in turn, so she didn't have to ponder further as to which one she might be. "I'm surprised you and your sister don't come to the Foothills every now and then to visit your kin." There was no judgement in her voice, but a gentle nudge toward a line of conversation. That it in part answered the hybrid's question was besides the point.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where have you fallen to, little bird? [open] - by Smoke - 07-18-2012, 12:00 AM